Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

2 Likes

@megwellā€¦I also had a more difficult time with theseā€¦I never was good at the zentangle thingā€¦my brain sort of goes blank thinking of ways to fill in shapes. The last one, I was a bit more relaxedā€¦I am finding out that I enjoy repetitive shapes much more!

13 Likes

I love the knitted cable look in the last one.

Nice! These are awesome!

I agree. I went big and chunky with my shapes and details because the thought of filing all those tiny spaces gives me anxiety! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have a zentagle coloring book that I need to use as a referenceā€¦although, I really donā€™t see myself using this technique a lot in my art or collagesā€¦I know she is getting us to explore and this is a good insight for me!

2 Likes

Yes! Itā€™s just as important to know what doesnā€™t come natural/feel intuitive to you!

I found I really liked the organic shapes and lines and played around with those more on some pins:

9 Likes

I really like those shapes! Reminds me of amoeba or similar!

2 Likes

The bottom one, right side looks like a dessert with cactus.

1 Like

Great idea to make pins. Love the top right with all of the lines!

2 Likes

Have you done the second book yet? I just got done with my first one and am about to go look at the video.

Here is the coverā€¦inspired by you!

6 Likes

I find myself resistant to filling all the spaces, period. I much prefer to leave some open for contrast.

That said, I pushed myself on that for lesson 8 and actually really like the result.

7 Likes

Love it! I started painting the paper for the second book but havenā€™t gotten too far (stupid work getting in the way). Iā€™m not loving what Iā€™ve done so far so am actually considering starting over but I think Iā€™ll probably just push through. Still debating whether to make the large or small book for today.

1 Like

Yes! Looks great! I find that when I push myself to keep filling in thatā€™s when I do stuff I hadnā€™t thought ofā€¦thatā€™s probably the point! :sweat_smile:

Hereā€™s my scribble for today:

7 Likes

Hereā€™s my day 2 accordion book. I think I might add some doodling or outlining to it.

10 Likes

I like it the way it is!

1 Like

I finished my Day 1 Book!

2 Likes

The last of my pinsā€¦I need to find another supply I can doodle on randomly whenever the mood strikesā€¦

8 Likes

I caved and joined Fodder School 2ā€¦knock on wood, my last leg surgery is scheduled for August 24, and, hopefully, no more medical appointments except routine! I retired so I could do the things I loveā€¦better do it now!

4 Likes

Yay! I had a feeling you might join :wink: After the fodder challenge Iā€™m looking forward to all of the lessons.

If the last few years have taught me anything itā€™s donā€™t wait to do the things you love and/or want to do.

1 Like

Started on my scribble doodle page. Iā€™m starting to notice I have a few patterns and shapes that I seem to always do back to.

6 Likes