Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Yes. From a paid play date with the Ugly Art club. Three teachers doing 3 different things. Deedee Catron showing how she fills the page with small prints, Kristin Peterson showing the hand-cut masks, and Tiffany Goff Smith showing image transfers. I will try that this week.

1 Like

Loving your results!

1 Like

Ooo, what’s the paint you use? Mine dries way too fast.

you could mix a little matte medium to the paint when you apply it

2 Likes

I use a mix - Amsterdam, Golden, DecoArt, Tim
Holtz & Dina Wakley. I was using the 5 x 7” plate and the Golden paints bead up even tho the plate is well used. But I like the different effects I get. I scored a ton of Golden paints from Craigslist - see this post:

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/thrift-store-yard-sale-salvage-yard-finds/3264/668

1 Like

Yeah! I remember that post now! Okay, thank you for the info.

This video by Roben-Marie Smith about gel printing is similar to the method I’m using.
She chats a lot in the beginning but go to about 6:30 and she gets to printing.

1 Like

I am back doing more of the Flower doodles…I want to do the word class so I am going to mix them up a bit.

This is the vines and branches…I see one of the last classes is actually doing a vase of flowers, so I am sure this will come into play…

9 Likes

Gorgeous! The yellow background and the exploding flowers are so striking. I love it!

1 Like

I bought the flower journal class just now. I am having a crafty weekend with friends in the mountains this coming weekend and I wanted something small and portable to take besides crochet. I’ll take along a pre-prepped notebook and some paint and gel pens.

I can only do so much crochet before my index finger screams to stop. (which reminds me, I need to pack my Voltaren)

2 Likes

I took my little journal with me to my many doctor appointments. I had prepped some pages in advance and only took a black marker. Here is a doodle I did while waiting for my test results from my vein procedure. Have fun!!!

6 Likes

I can’t remember which thread I commented about my tea dye-ing experiments. This is for a Fodder School project.

The lavender piece on the left was made using Celestial Seasonings berry (I think) tea.

The Trader Joe’s Blood Orange Rooibos tea has now faded - it was a lovely pink shade before it dried. And the Blue Pea tea wasn’t as blue as I’d hoped so I may try that one again.

Of course I still have tie dye left over from July so I can add water to those leftover bottles to get more muted saturation.

5 Likes

Back to word play…

Collage and layers of words:

Layers and layers of collage and words:

Puzzle words:

6 Likes

Ooh, I especially love the collage/writing combos!

1 Like

I bought that class and the petite patterns class that started today. I am excited to get going on the words class…your work is fabulous!

1 Like

Aaahh, I’ve been hoping she’d do a petite pattern class! I’ve been too chicken to take the regular pattern one.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure about petite patterns but if you guys are doing it I will probably cave. But I’m so behind on this one still!

2 Likes

I watched the trailer, and it looks fairly different from the regular pattern trailer – more like the doodle class. I’m thinking I may take the “big” pattern class but use a little book. (At some point TBD in the future; not sure whether I want to do any class right now.)

3 Likes

I had this same thought. I have so much other stuff going on at the moment but FOMO! And it looks different from the other classes of hers I’ve taken.

1 Like

She posts good stuff on Instagram- I think I can figure out some stuff just by watching.

And I signed up for yet another bookmaking class, as if I have unlimited time. I don’t but I have unlimited stuff so here I go!

3 Likes