Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

“De-stress art time” frequently becomes “art with mom” time, usually accompanied by a beer. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

A few months back I started following a doodler on YouTube and have incorporated some of her ideas into my repertoire (that sentence almost makes me sound like a professional) Today I started watching one from 4 weeks ago and she created my signature doodle, even filling in the top triangle.

I first spotted a simple, tiny version on a piece Alisa Burke had made and figured out what she’d done, then jazzed it up. I’ve never seen it elsewhere, until today, and it kind of made me sad because this person has over 170,000 followers, who could potentially start using it.

1 Like

That is sad when you see something that is unique to you. I thought one of mine was unique, but it is not.
I still appreciate your work and if you still enjoy it then I think that’s all that matters🙂

3 Likes

Fun little video from Kim Dellow on creating abstract bookmarks or art to leave places

4 Likes

Love these!

2 Likes

That was fun to watch, might try this

1 Like

Is anyone else doing the 5 day Coptic journal challenge (why is everything a “challenge” these days?) coming up after thanksgiving?

https://www.handmadebookclub.com/coptic-journal-challenge

I did the last challenge and it was a lot of fun.

Oh maybe! I’ve not done Coptic stitch before and I think I have all the supplies.

2 Likes

I’ve started bookmarking the class links and editing the bookmark name to have the username and password so that I don’t have to go looking for them. It’s still annoying when I am going back and forth between classes though… Which reminds me that I still haven’t finished the ones I was doing! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m bumbling my way through FodderSchool. While I enjoy some of the lessons, they are a bit repetitive for a class junkie like me. And I took Drew Steinbrecher’s free gel print class last summer so this month’s lessons are not so new.

Some pages

And the cover of a small (5” by 5”) board book.

Anyway, I am trying to motivate myself to complete the project. Let’s see what happens.

Plus I’ll have lots of painted papers for December’s lessons. And to be honest, I’ve already started making insect cards, for those of you who know what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

I really like your prints and the self encouragement! Did you end up repurposing a children’s board book or getting a blank one?

I’ve all but stopped watching anything on teachable ever since AirPlay stopped working, so I’m woefully behind on Fodder School amongst many other classes. Luckily I’ve recently stumbled upon Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and have been taking some of her stamp carving classes including her latest workbook class to prep for #carvedecember. I LOVE her style of teaching, she’s always so prepared and I think her brain works like mine so I’m learning a ton from her. So I guess there’s a silver lining to Teachable being unusable at the moment (I contacted their support a few weeks ago but they haven’t found/resolved the issue yet).

2 Likes

Playing with colour combinations and this doodle

9 Likes

Beautiful! It looks a bit like those string balls that @endymion makes!

2 Likes

I have both - books I “liberated” from school and 3 blanks from Amazon. I am having some Teachable issues too - I belong to several schools and I have different passwords for each. Sometimes I can’t get in even tho my phone & my Mac save the passwords. I’m sure it’s a Susan problem and not a Teachable one.

1 Like

Are they temari balls?

1 Like

Even tho I don’t NEED any more stencils, it is StencilGirl’s annual sale so yeah, I bought some.
I have been cutting my own masks and stencils with heavy kraft paper, file folders and card stock (from Fodder School lessons) but I keep using the painted bits in my collage and art journals.

1 Like

Made for my youngest DIL’s birthday. I botched every center in the letters so had to white them out and redo. It’s more noticeable in this photo than in real life.

7 Likes

Love the effect of this card! Do you use a ruler to make the doodles?

1 Like

Thanks! I ‘cheated’ with the letters and printed them on the card. The doodles are all freehand.

Wow those are some impressive straight lines!

1 Like