Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

I made a whole whack of them for @underthemountain 's books for kids charity years ago. This time, the cutter at the copy shop wasn’t doing a very good job so I cut this lot by hand and my thumb is still hurting today, ouch! Pictured is about 1/4 the bookmarks, the rest are going to a teacher friend. When my thumb stops hurting and I can round all the pointy corners. Just, wow, really painful scissor work. Who knew?

I sent @Edel some Rolodex cards after she commented on a post in the Thrift store finds thread. She sent me 7 finished cards. Wow! Lucky me!

If anyone else wants to make some, I have the smaller size - 2.5” x 4” and the medium size - 3” x 5”. PM me with your address and I’ll send you some. :grin:

6 Likes

Is anyone here doing the ICAD this year? (Index Card A Day)

I’ve never done it before but I bought a pack of index cards at the dollar store because I knew it was coming up :sweat_smile: I heard about it on Instagram but I don’t get on there daily anymore so I was wondering if there is anyone here that can share the prompts with us? :innocent: I don’t know if I can do one a day… but I might be able to do seven a week :wink: :smile:

1 Like

I signed up for her newsletter because I am not on Instagram but I’m considering playing this year. I think she said they are also posted on the website?

2 Likes

I think she usually posts them on her blog, I see she has the first week up - ICAD 2022 Prompts Set One

I’m usually pretty anti-challenge but this one appeals to me so I’m seriously considering it. I should make sure I have some index cards.

1 Like

Ooooh! Thanks! I’d be lost without Lettuce Craft friends :heart:

1 Like

I believe @Smmarrt and @geekgirl might be doing this…I thought I read it in the art journalalong…I just can’t commit to a daily thing…I already am behind in a weekly one and a monthly craftalong online!

I am gel printing large index cards and 3 x 5” Rolodex cards so I have backgrounds prepped. Then I plan to use up all the scraps or a small portion of Mount Scrapmore to decorate. Some days I finish only one but I have found that I can start 5 or more cards on the weekend and then add the final elements each day. I also plan to add stitching - by hand and by machine, just to mix it up this year.

7 Likes

Great idea!

Also, this made me chuckle :joy:

3 Likes

I’m considering “cheating” a bit and using size 8 tags (6 1/4” x 3 1/8”) instead. I have over 40 that already have various backgrounds started on them. Not sure if I’ll leave them in tag form or cut them down to 3x5”

7 Likes

@Smmarrt I love that! I hope you don’t mind if I borrow that idea :slight_smile:

@photojenn I think they’d be fun left in tag shape and I wouldn’t consider it cheating, just your own creative spin :smile:

4 Likes

Agreed. Make 61 tags.

2 Likes

Stamp THROUGH a stencil. Amazing video, just so good.

3 Likes

That was so cool!! Love the end result.

I subscribed to her newsletter lol. My friend Jess and I have come across her before. She’s great!

I also subscribe to her channel…never saw that one yet…such a simple idea with great results…and she just makes it look so very easy!

I think tags is a great idea!

I found these twistable crayons (that have to be at least 20 years old, I’m guessing more?) in a bin next to blue painters tape and index cards so that seems like a good supply list for ICAD. The pressure of making something “pretty” or even “art” for 61 days feels overwhelming so I’m going for “play with crayons on index cards for 61 days”. We will see how this goes.

Did anyone else start today?

8 Likes

I made several backgrounds on Monday. But won’t get to complete any until Friday. I won’t be able to do every day. But on the days I can do them I can do 2 or 3.

3 Likes

I started the first one. I could finish today but I decided there are other things I’d rather do :stuck_out_tongue: but I have it planned out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have the same package of crayons I found when packing to move. I bought them for colouring years ago but never used them :smiley:

2 Likes