Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

One done! :smile:

Prompt was asterisk

…and I just realized mine have an extra line… lol, oh well :sweat_smile: *

8 Likes

I also started a bunch of backgrounds so mine won’t be a daily thing until I land on one idea or direction. I do want to commit to 61 finished rolodex and index cards for myself. And if I finish in August, so be it.

2 Likes

I posted this in the Art Journal-along thread - a free weekend of lessons…

It is a weekend of short teaser lessons covering all things - water color, acrylics, sometimes doll-making, or making books. It offers you the chance to join the class for a whole year. But this weekend is free and fun to learn new things.

It’s July 9 and 10 and she releases a few lessons every couple of hours. Since she’s based in Australia or New Zealand, the times might not work for all of us. I did it about 2 years ago and it did work out, but last year I seemed to miss the classes I wanted.

2 Likes

This is a follow-up to my April post about using the extra pieces of laminate pouches, after they have been heated and sealed.

Sorry for the glare. This is about half-sheet sized and I will hand cut out the X’s. I’m alone for a few days in the office of the preschool so this will give me something to do. And I know it would be faster & neater with an Xacto knife, but as a teacher of 30-ish years, I’m a very good cutter-outer.

5 Likes

My first week of ICADs

my backgrounds are all cut from painted papers I had laying around and glued to index cards. I incorporated the daily prompts and the week 1 prompt of mark making (using fodder school stash) So all that made the backgrounds fairly simple and quick to do.

1 = asterisk

2 = peony

3 = maze
the strips are cut from one of the watercolor squares from our watercolor art journal zoom

4= key

5 = flamingo/pink

6 = daydream (forgot to take a pic. will have to come back and post)

7 = root
wasn’t feeling a tree theme so I took this pic of a lady and colored her roots dark.

10 Likes

I’ve been having fun playing around with my self imposed limited supplies. My goal is to keep up with one a day and not over think it.

9 Likes

You guys are rocking it! I had a busy day so maybe I can get to work tonight or tomorrow.

I’m having more fun with this than expected. Limiting myself to 2 supplies (crayons and painters tape) takes all of the decision making/overthinking out of it and I can just play.

8 Likes

I think working with limited supplies is a great idea

1 Like

It was a busy week with no crafting time. But I was able to do week 2 last night. I didn’t like the daily prompts so just did the week 2 prompt of collage, found paper, and acrylic.

Again these are all back grounds I had already done and glued to index cards. I just used whatever paper scraps I had around and tried to to think about it too much.

10 Likes

I chuckled at the first one … via air mail but it has a car :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a flying car. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

3 Likes

I finished 7 cards so that’s good. Also using scraps, master boards, this & that.

9 Likes

Looking for the cards I gel printed last week - they are buried here somewhere…

10 Likes

I had to include Brunny with my favorite snarky Tim Holtz quote!

2 Likes

I spy more fish! :laughing:

1 Like

Love these!

I am finding my June is too busy for ICAD, but I love seeing what you guys are doing!

3 Likes

Yes, from ArtFoamies. They are only about 2.5".

1 Like

Gelly printing video using random objects, printed on rice paper. I like how she works from light to dark. And that paper seems very strong even though it’s nearly translucent from the back, wow.

1 Like