Peacock in Color Pencil

Was looking into how to draw feathers and came across this tutorial: How to Draw a Peacock.

Decided to give it a go, but done in color.

Used Mechanical Pencils with 0.5 leads:

Creating framework:

Adding color:

And structure:

Filling out the feathers:

Close ups:

Finished:

Hope you like :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Stunning! I love the detailed spread of in-progress pictures. It not only makes the under-structures make sense, but shows the journey and effort of the piece, which I especially enjoy as someone who sucks at 2D art. :wink: Lovely, lovely job!

3 Likes

I love seeing the process and as a person who can barely draw a stick figure this blows my mind!

3 Likes

Just gorgeous

2 Likes

So well done! Love the progress shots! Beautiful!

1 Like

Wow! It is beautiful.

1 Like

WOW. This is just stunning! Thanks for sharing the process!

1 Like

This is great! Thank you for sharing your progress pictures too :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Great job! Very pretty!

1 Like

Wow!!
Just…
WOW
That looks amazing!!!
Now let me go pick my jaw up off the floor…

1 Like

Wow that looks like a labor of love - great job! Thanks for sharing your process with us too, I always love to see that.

1 Like

This is beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Love all the progress shots!

1 Like

Wow, so very lovely! This must have taken a long time!

1 Like

sooo gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you all. :smiley:

@EriChanHime @bethntim I used to think I suck at drawing until about last year. Following tutorials made it much easier for me. Still not where I want to be but working on it.
@Bunny1kenobi @TheMistressT @PrincessP @sheepBlue @JoyfulClover Which is also why I try to document my progress. Helps me solidify the steps in my mind. Happy to share it. Hope it might make it easier for others.

3 Likes

Brilliant! That is a lot of work - so well done!

1 Like

Wonderful and so much detail.

2 Likes

That was a lot of work and the result is beautiful!

1 Like

Woah! The peacock is so detailed! Wow!

1 Like