Peanut butter, spinach, & leek lentils with flatbread

Oh my word, this is pretty good.

I didn’t use any measurements, but the gist of what I did.

The flat bread was just a simple dough mixture. Water, salt, yeast, and a little olive oil, mixed with enough flour to make a decent dough. Let sit for about 30 minutes, then flattened it onto a cookie sheet into a rectangular shape with my fingers. Baked at 350 for about 25 minutes.

The lentils were boiled til softened, then I added one small clove of garlic and beef bouillon, let cook for a little longer. Added five leek slices, a small bit of peanut butter, let cook a little longer. Finally added the spinach, and cooked til the spinach was tender but not mushy.

Man, going for seconds…

4 Likes

Looks like another winner! If I liked peanut butter, I’d give it a whirl. That is the kind of peanut butter my son and husband eat.

It makes sense that it would taste good…peanut butter is used in many Thai and Indian dishes. I really don’t like PB (texture issue, not taste!) at all but in stews and other foods, it tastes good to me!

Your “experiments” are fun and most turn out pretty darn good! Looks delicious, actually!

Ooh, looks tasty! I like nut butter in stews & sauces. Peanut is great but so is almond, tahini, sunflower or pumpkin seed. Yum!

2 Likes

This one has me weirded out!!

I love thai dishes with PB, but lentils and stews???

I think I will park it with PB & Jelly thing that I also don’t get!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love this forum for highlighting such cultural differences and confusing me :smiley:

1 Like

African peanut soup is so delicious! Chicken peanut stew is also very popular.

Peanut butter curry lentils

1 Like

My first thought was - I don’t know how that’s going to taste. But, it looks delicious! Then, I recalled making something similar, probably from a Moosewood cookbook (back in the last century!?!)

1 Like