Pearl wire spider

I’ve made a fresh water pearl spider pendant and I love it!

Earlier I’ve made beaded spiders but with beaded legs, while they were pretty the wire kept breaking when I tried to fasten or tighten them, might be cheap wire, not certain as I’m not used to wire wrapping, but they are not in use because of that.

This pendant however is strong. The pendant is also the third one I made for this design because I kept making mistakes, and it’s not like a sweater where I can pull it apart and reuse the wire.

I followed this YouTube tutorial and then made edits to fit the smaller bead, only to realise there are other tutorials out there which show with two beds :disappointed: but I feel I learned from my attempts so I’m not mad about it

20 Likes

I love have you have done the back legs holding the pearl!

1 Like

How pretty!

2 Likes

All your hard work and tenacity has paid off, because this is really nice!

1 Like

This is so cool. You made it look so classy. Love it!

2 Likes

I’m not a spider fan, but boy is she pretty!

1 Like

@Lynx a friend of mine doesn’t like it either XD personally I can find some creepy, but there are other insects I find more creepy :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you all for the lovely comments

1 Like

Very classy with the pearls and delicate legs. Great job! I’ll bet the fact you had to re-do it only makes you more pleased with the result.

1 Like

This is very pretty/creepy. The wire work is neat and tidy. Beautiful work.

2 Likes

This is lovely. The white makes it look extra delicate.

1 Like

What an elegant spider!

1 Like

Very pretty! Perfect for Halloween! Or any time, really!

1 Like

That’s so cool! I love it.

1 Like

That was the word I was looking for!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone :smiley: It doesn’t scream “LOOK AT ME” so it’s completely possible to use it without people being distracted by it, or freaked out :stuck_out_tongue:

I do love the simplicity of it

1 Like

:sparkles: :fairy: CONGRATULATIONS! Your awesome project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :mermaid: :sparkles:

1 Like

Oh, how wonderful :heart: thank you to all

1 Like

Ooooh, I love it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Brilliant work!

1 Like