Periodic Table Dandelion Purse

I’ve had everything to make this purse for a long time, and had made a test version of the pattern on the old site, but just hadn’t executed it.

Now that I have, it’s easily my most IRL complimented project of all time.

The pattern is Blue Calla Dandelion Double Zip Handbag, and it’s made with just basic quilting cotton with black vinyl straps.

Here’s what the middle pocket looks like - each of the zip pockets is just a single big section.

I have since noticed that someone’s autocorrect changed “semimetal” to “sentimetal” on the fabric print, but no one’s perfect. :grin:

26 Likes

that is awesome!

1 Like

What a great purse! I really like the different zipper colors, it adds an unexpected element of fun that works well with both the interior and exterior fabrics. This definitely deserves all the real life compliments!

1 Like

:heart_eyes:
Love it! What a great celebration of science. Really well-made, also.

2 Likes

That looks great! I’m not surprised it gets lots of comments.

1 Like

Love the pops of zipper colors!

1 Like

That’s an awesome purse!

1 Like

That was a “use what you have” moment more than anything, but it is really convenient for knowing which zip pocket something is in!

2 Likes

Oh. I was trying to visualize a dandelion periodic table. Totally missed the mark! Lovely purse!

This is awesome!!! I would so compliment you if I saw it IRL.

This turned out great! I may have to check out that pattern- it’s nearly time for a new purse!

THis is soooo coooool! I’m a big fan of the periodic table and this print is scaled just right for this bag!

The fabric is so cool and I LOVE this purse. Hmmm. I am converting the style of it. The two zippers and compartment look very functional. I may have to take a look at this pattern. I also like how you did the zippers in different colors.

1 Like

I just checked out the pattern. I have never given it a second glance from their example pics, but yours makes me love it!

1 Like

That’s what I thought too! Their photos don’t sell it half as well as these.

1 Like

:rocket: Wow! This project is out of this world and one of this week’s featured projects! :rocket:

It turned out great, and yay to be getting (well-deserved) compliments! The pockets inside and in zippered-off areas look very practical, I love having bag pockets even if they add to the timeline of finishing the bag :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This turned out wonderful!

Beautifu-and useful!-project.