Photo orientation/editing?

Oohhh

I copied and pasted your image just fine. How come it will not work on my computer?!! Frustrating.

Are you just right clicking, copy and paste?
I had Craftster open in a window, right click, came here, paste…I am using WIN 7 on this computer…

1 Like

I totally just copied and pasted from Cster. Where they are oriented properly! I didn’t paste them here though, I copied them into my computer files, then uploaded them. Why would that make them wonk out? Drr…
I will copy and paste the other treat bag tutorial by just pasting them right into the dialogue box here and see if that works.

Why do the extra step?

1 Like

You can’t have more than one draft open here and the dialogue window is too small to see the entire post all at once so I park images on my desktop, arrange and edit them, get the dialogue ready, then I copy stuff to here.

The dialogue box is actually pretty huge…the whole screen…and it has a very very long scroll bar as well…you can hide the preview as well if it too confusing…

1 Like

You mean on your phone?

1 Like

Phone or tablet are too small for me. On desktop the screen is bigger and there’s the option to hide the preview, that’s true.
Now I know I can toggle back and forth between cster and here to copy and paste, I’ll do that. It doesn’t solve the wonky orientation if I rotate an image on my desktop but so long as I remember to crop and edit on the actual phone, it seems to work just fine.
Weirdly specific solutions but hey, that’s technology for ya!
I wonder if there is some sort of photo editing thing that I can alter. Pinterest does this as well, there is some bit of data being read that tells certain systems to put photos on their sides no matter how they look from the source.

if you are using photo editor that comes with windows, look at the print options…you will see that they use a sideways orientation…they have a weird print routine that takes your photos and put them sideways for printing, but I bet it keeps the orientation when you leave the program…yeah, not all technology meshes well with each other…

I had problems posting photos recently, too, Magpie. They kept loading upside down. Normally, if I crop a photo, it resizes it, and saves the new version rotated how I want. But it didn’t work this time. I tried from a desktop, my android, and tablet. Luckily, I had some random older photo, so yay!

1 Like

I’m having trouble with image orientation too. Rotating it on my phone first doesn’t seem to help. Grrr!

I am not just rotating on the phone, I’m rotating and cropping and saving as a new image. That seems to work on the phone but doesn’t work when taking the same steps on the computer. It’s very frustrating.

I have requested in the topic that a moderator rotate images if possible but haven’t seen it done or gotten a response about it being possible. Can mods rotate images for us like on the previous site?

Technically, yes. Efficiently, no. A moderator would have to download your photo, rotate on their device, and re-upload it for you.

Wulf, could you please let me know your operating system?

I am having this same issue on my iPad 2. Right way up in my photos, I upload them and they are rotated.

Interestingly, I was reading something earlier today on stack overflow where a user was having their photos rotated on a Stack Exchange site, and someone commented about how some systems, when they automatically resize photos, won’t shrink them side-to-side, so if a photo is too wide, it gets rotated in order to fit. I should go dig that up that comment again …

That’s interesting. I was just noticing the past couple days every pic I post has a size of [some number x 500] and that first number is always less than 500.
So it’s very likely it’s trying it fit it in that under 500 pixel size.

I crop each photo, sometimes very long and narrow, it’s always fine. It’s only if I reorient them on the computer instead of the phone.

Uploading directly from my iphone has been posting things sideways here which the phone interprets as being right-side-up. But I feel like this wasn’t a problem in Jan/Feb? So possibly someone’s update (here or by Apple) changed something.

Which iOS are you currently? And which browser?

Current iOS, Safari, and revised theory: it’s the resizing feature that’s rotating things. Does it have something against portrait view?

uploaded directly:

resized:

1 Like