Pine Needle Baskets

Hey homies! This is my first post on LettuceCraft… I was active back in the day as Noooitaremybirthday on Craftster. My husband and I learned to make pine needle baskets over Thanksgiving weekend and it was fun. Boiling the pine needles smelled so good. Anyway, thought I’d share and finally get into this site :blush:

36 Likes

Those are cool!

2 Likes

Oh my word, these are beautiful! I saw them and thought for sure this was something you sold in fancy-pants boutiquey stores not that you just learned how to do it. Amazing… and from pine needles??? My trees have been sorely underappreciated! What a cool thing to know how to do, they are lovely.

4 Likes

Nooo, you’re here!! Now I have to remember that’s not you’re name anymore. Welcome to this crazy place.

Love this new craft you’ve leaned.

3 Likes

Yay! Glad you made your way over!

These baskets are stunning!

1 Like

Those came out really well for a new craft! Impressive. (Is there a kit or something that you got the bottoms from?)

Welcome to the new site! :smile:

2 Likes

whoa that seems like an intense craft. so so great!

1 Like

These look AMAZING!! I love the wood bottoms and the wrapped bottom part of the basket. I haven’t seen any baskets like this before. They’re just lovely. Welcome back, btw! I think I remember you from a while back. :grin:

1 Like

These are so cool! And it’s great to see you here!!

1 Like

Nooo! It’s so great to see you back here. And I love those baskets

1 Like

Yaaaay, you’re here! WELCOME BACK!! I was literally just thinking about you (and the nooo it are my birthday cat) yesterday. :heartpulse:
Gorgeous work, I love the use of solid bases and the designs you put on them.

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:
I don’t know how to tag people yet, so I’ll just reply in this big thread! Still figuring out the best ways to post here :slight_smile:

Thank you! Aw shucks! It’s really a straightforward craft and difficult to get wrong, especially if you’ve done any needlework and/or crochet in a round. I totally recommend trying it! My husband doesn’t do much crafting (only woodworking) but he made the mushroom one and I think it looks great!

The bases REALLY made it easier and quicker. I designed them on the computer and cut them out with my laser engraver.

It’s so great to see so many familiar “faces”! Thank you guys for all the sweet comments and welcomes! It’s good to see you!!!

5 Likes

Pine Needle Baskets Tutorial
Here is the video we watched to learn! There are plenty of other vids, but this was the most useful to us. I hope you guys try it!!

6 Likes

These are amazing, SO glad to see you here, Kira!

2 Likes

goodness, these are stunning!! and you JUST learned? then perhaps there is hope for me.

what wonderful bases too. love the shrooms one, so so pretty and apt since I often see shrooms in the woods where carpets of needles waft up lovely scents under my feet.

1 Like

Welcome home to LC, and those are beautiful!

1 Like

Wow! These are amazing. So beautiful.

2 Likes

mercy those are cool! And I love the smell of pine too

1 Like

WOW! It’s hard to imagine that you’ve just learned this craft! You’ve tickled a part of my crafty brain now and I’m definitely going to keep this craft in mind. I essentially live on a pine needle ranch, after all.

To tag people, just type @ and their user name. In fact, after you type a letter or two you’ll get a menu of possible users that you can just click on!

2 Likes

Thanks @TheMistressT :slight_smile: I had to spy and remind myself of where you are. Montana, I am so jealous! You guys have some of the best rocks out there. It’s one of the states I might want to live in.

2 Likes