Plenty of fortune fish - more pix added

@Magpie - :rofl::grin::joy:

I have two recycling bags - one that has definitive scraps and one maybe this can be used for something!

3 Likes

I am going to have to rethink my recycling bin. Gimme a second…

That @Smmarrt, that girl is terrible for my destashalong plans…

7 Likes

So pretty and cool. It might be hard deciding what to do with the 200 fishies you might have in the end, but at least it will be an awesome and colourful collection

@Smmarrt “In order to be, I must make” - author unknown [to me], but maybe to someone else?

2 Likes

I love these fish! What a great way to leave an inspiring work of art for someone else to find! This is definitely the kind of project I can see myself making hundreds of as well. The fortunes are the perfect addition!

This is the kind of project I always think would make a fun swap. The type where everyone starts with the same stamp and then makes their own creations from there. It’s always so neat to see all the different ideas that come from one common variable!

3 Likes

I’m always inspired by your posts :slight_smile:
Your colorful collection of fortune fish is fab!
Love your idea of leaving them as abandoned art for folks to find. They will definitely make someone’s day, Nicely done!

2 Likes

I love paper crafting because you really can make great art out of trash

2 Likes

These are so fun! You are always making something awesome, Smmarrt!

1 Like

I love these. I’d make them into a mobile.

3 Likes

These are a lot of fun! And I have an idea for you to spread random acts of fishiness: In France, the April Fool’s Day tradition is to stick fish on people’s backs (poissons d’avril) without them knowing. Kind of like a “kick me” sign, but not so mean. So whenever I see gobs o’ fish, that’s where my head goes. And your fish are even better since you’re bestowing fortunes as well as fun! eta: The fact that this is a French tradition and not American has never stopped my kids from drawing fish on 31 March and carting them to school to fish all their friends. lol

And now my teen daughter is singing “Fish Heads” by Barnes & Barnes. :laughing::woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

I never heard of that before - I have some French parents at my school, maybe I’ll fish-ify them!

2 Likes

I think these are awesome! I would be ecstatic to happen upon one of them in the wild!

Oooh…more fortune fish pics. Those stamps are great!

1 Like

You’ll be the Fish Fortune Fairy! :fairy:

Love the addition of the action shots!

2 Likes

So very cool. I love the uplifting fortunes too.

1 Like

Oh yes, I love the fish!! The colours and the prints are so fun! Great obsession :wink: this rocks :metal:t2:
Thanks for sharing!

These are great. They look just like my little fortune fishies I ordered to hand out for Halloween…but better!

2 Likes

I just ordered a set of stamps because my school is embracing social emotional learning and I think it would be fun to have my team make enough of these for us to give one to every student. It might be fun to try to fish people on April Fools Day, but it might get too chaotic. I’m going to dig through my fortune collection and pick out some worthy fortunes… In order to make 900+, I may need to hit the photocopier :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So cool! What a fun way to share your art!

1 Like