Plenty of fortune fish - more pix added

I searched “Fortune Cookie Fortunes” on Google and some random guy wrote a blog post from 2008 (that was recently updated) with about 200 fortunes.

https://joshmadison.com/2008/04/20/fortune-cookie-fortunes/

I am going to spend some time this weekend copying the positive and arty ones.
And love your idea - show us pics when you get started.

5 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing that link! Once my stamps arrive I’ll get started with some prep work.

Those are great!! Now I am torn over whether I want to buy fish stamps (who doesn’t need fish stamps!) or make my own slightly smaller ones.

@grenouille78 Now I must sic my daughter on this tradition. She will love it, and my inner 12-year-old is deeply sad that I didn’t learn about it when I was a kid. :green_heart::fish::green_heart:

3 Likes

Do iiiit!

1 Like

They are so much bigger than I thought! I went to look at the listing. I’m tempted but may also carve something smaller for myself.

2 Likes

I was tempted to buy it too but between your comment and thanate’s I realize I have the stuff to make my own stamps and should actually use what I have!

1 Like

Go for it, both of you. If I had the patience or talent to carve, I would. On my list of things to try when I’m an old lady. Oh wait…that time is near.

1 Like

WOW! I love all the cool details you’ve given and clever approaches you’ve made to these fish… every last one of 'em! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve love to find one of these, too!

You’ve given the the beginning of an idea for making bookmarks to leave in library books when I return them. I know some won’t make it past the librarians, but I bet a lot would. Heck, I could probably librarians in on the plot and they’d be down. :thinking:

2 Likes

Our library usually has a stack of bookmarks at the check-out desk; I’m sure they’d be happy to add some art ones, too!

1 Like

Yes! I actually thought of this in the time between replying and now! But there is also something fun about another reader discovering a secret gift bookmark in their newest borrowed book.

2 Likes

Do some of each! :grin:

2 Likes

I also abandon in the Little Libraries - there’s one near my house! And you could be sneaky and put bookmarks in books on the shelf…I’ve found receipts and boarding passes in books from the library.

2 Likes

I love these! They are so fun and inspiring :smile: I might have to play with my stamps sometime soon

1 Like

I’ve waited quietly and patiently, knowing someone was going to say it eventually, but no one has…So, alas, I guess I must:

:dolphin: :fish: THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH.:fish: :dolphin:

Okay, now that’s out there, I can properly ooo and ahh at these beauties. They really are wonderful.

In official librarian capacity I have secretly done this myself, solo, while on the clock (at previous job; can’t do it where I am now). And I still have a sticky-note I found in a returned academic library book 15 years ago, which simply says “Moo MOO cow. Cow. Moo”

5 Likes

Yey! We had lots of leftover business card size promotional cards for TheMisterT’s first 2 novels and I would leave them in books that I thought would appeal to people who would like his books. Guerrilla marketing!

And YEY Hitchhiker’s Guide!

1 Like

Maybe a “Put A Fish On It” swap?

2 Likes