POLL: Swaps for Round Three: Voting 7/21-7/28

Ongoing ATCs is up, claiming starts tomorrow: (go ahead & send your questionnaires as soon as you’re ready)

For those of you who remember the old system, I’ve combined the gallery & discussion threads. If this gets confusing, we can always separate them back out again, but for the moment this seems reasonable. That thread is here:

2 Likes

Yay!!

1 Like

Woot!! Ongoing atc is back, ya’ll! Signing up when on computer!

I WANT ALL MY SWAP PARTNERS ALREADY! Now now now! :crazy_face: :rofl:

6 Likes

Hahaha I definitely understand that feeling but I’m actually a little grateful they’re not starting for a few days, since I’m already super busy this week! Next week I’ll have time to really dive in once I get my partners! XD

2 Likes

Sign Ups for Happy Mail end Friday afternoon! It had a lot of votes but only 9 people have signed up so hurry on over and send in your questionnaire!

1 Like

Hahaha same!

1 Like

Now you’re free! Swap away!

1 Like

I’m on it! woohoo! :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Sign ups for the Vintage Halloween swap end tonight at midnight. We have 9 people right now. Who wants to make it an even 10?

Signups for the Fridge Magnet swap are ending tonight! Anyone wanna help bring our 11 members to an even number? We’d love one more swapper! XD

Sign ups for the Hoopless Hoopla swap end tomorrow! We have an odd number of swappers if you’d like to join us.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about the STS and wondering if that may be on a near-future list. I can’t host it but just wanted to get the thought out there. I’ve got such a random assortment of little art projects and supplies I’d love to offer up. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, I can’t wait for STS to come back! :slight_smile: Hopefully @loves2experiment and @alteredmommy will consider hosting it again soon! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That can certainly be arranged! I’ve missed my STS peeps :slight_smile:

Perhaps we can plan a round for late sept/october so that we have time to craft and shop for the holidays!

2 Likes

I like this idea. I am also, finally, going through boxes in my studio that I’ve hardly touched since we moved in (a year and a half ago) Eep! I will start putting things aside for this. Yay!

1 Like

Yay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

What’s STS?

“Shop the Swap”
It’s where you offer supplies and crafts from your stash and assign them a “value” of 1, 2, or 3 points. Then you “buy” from anyone in the swap. They gain those points and spend them and the cycle continues until the swap closes.

1 Like

Hey @Fonduie

It’s for ‘Shop the Swap’ (STS)
Here’s an old summary, but the basic facts are the same:

[GENERAL
The Shop the Swap (or STS) is a different kind of swap in that we start with finished items. We use a point system in which you ‘price’ items in points that you receive when you ‘sell’ your shop item to another swapper. Once you have sent your claim out , you can use those points to ‘buy’ any available item from any open shop in the swap. Like the real world, you can’t spend points that you don’t have (no overdraft here) and you can’t hoard your points under your mattress (you must close and go shopping when you have +7 points)]

More details (potentially dated - from 2011):
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=374355.0

1 Like