POLL: Which 5 Swaps Should Open First?

I’m so sorry. I wish there was a way to help. Please know I am thinking of your family and hope you are able to find another job. Such trying times. My heart hurts for you.

5 Likes

Woo! I am happy to host a One Tiny swap. I was thinking a One Tiny Plushie might be good to start off with but maybe I should open a poll for which tiny thing?

1 Like

I’m sure that no one here would expect you to carry on hosting with such difficult circumstances to deal with.
I wish you the best of luck, that you find a new source of income quickly and that, although you don’t feel you can host, you can continue to craft and that it brings you some solace. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that!! Big virtual hugs!!

If no one volunteers to do the Common Grounds swap, I can do magnets (or whichever swap was next in the vote could go). Unfortunately my brain is close to max capacity so I’d only want to host a swap I’ve done before.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that @Bunny1kenobi! Perhaps if you cannot host Common Ground at this time, and there isn’t anyone who wants to organize it right now, we could go with whichever swap suggestion had the next number of votes? What do you think @racky? Normally I’d offer to do it for you Bunny1kenobi, but I’m organizing Go Bananas, and I try very hard to limit myself to organizing 1 swap at a time.

3 Likes

Almost forgot! I did get the signups open for Go Bananas yesterday. Here’s the link friends:

4 Likes

Im so sorry to hear that, @Bunny1kenobi. I totally understand. @Smmarrt, would you like to host the Prayer Flag swap now? That is the next one in line. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@Camelama, I voted for the OTT swap as my top choice because of the wide range of items I can craft for my partner. Personally, I would not have voted for an OTT stuffie swap because I prefer to receive practical items. I think you should leave the swap as just OTT, then have people make a list of the types of items they want to receive in their signup info.

8 Likes

Yes, I like the traditional unthemed OTT swaps best as well, I also cast a vote for this.

7 Likes

(((hugs))) @Bunny1kenobi
I feel you, sister. This is my first day of unemployment & it’s not feeling much like a vacation.

8 Likes

@Magpie and @Bunny1kenobi I’m so sorry. My heart hurts for both of you.

5 Likes

@magpie and @Bunny1kenobi Even if you can’t swap, I do hope you get some stress relief by enjoying what is being made during this uncertain time!

I am thinking of you both as well as everyone impacted by this in all of the ways…

I am doing my best to keep my small company going because I know I can do without my salary but the employees can’t…I am very aware of the impact…crafting helps me forget for a bit.

5 Likes

Interesting, I never saw an unthemed OTT swap. I always saw one tiny [specific]. I will ponder this a bit.

3 Likes

We did a fantastic ongoing OTT swap on the old site last summer. Here is the gallery:
Ongoing OTT swap gallery

1 Like

Yes, and I had planned on hosting another round of the ongoing ott. It was so fun!!

1 Like

I think the themed thing started after the open ones had run a few times. I remember dropping out at that point, the whole fun of the OTT for me was that crafters could make ANYTHING and the galleries were just incredibly varied.

3 Likes

I really like the ones where the tiny item could be exquisite because it was the best of what people liked to do…people were matched and received beautiful little things that were so creative and the best of the best…

3 Likes

Actually the themed ones I remember were many years ago, so likely before the open ended ones! :wink: :heart:

I cannot please everyone, obviously, as I am being told conflicting “wants”. Will ponder today and open tomorrow!

1 Like

Do what you want to do and they will come. It’s about having fun.

4 Likes

You are the organizer…so do it how you want…people will be swapping all over the place soon…I am just happy swapping is happening!

1 Like