POLL: Which 5 Swaps Should Open First?

PayPal has a drop down menu that includes first class packages. Depending on what you’re sending or where it’s being sent to, you may need to enter dimensions and/ or weight. I’ve done international on there, too.

1 Like

So it is thru Paypal and not the USPS site…thanks…I have an account and just never explored it!

1 Like

Yep, I love PayPal shipping. It’s hard to find the link tho… I believe it’s PayPal.com/shipnow/createlabel

You need to be logged in to PayPal first tho. I usually log in, then open another tab before opening the link.

4 Likes

Yes paypal shipping is tricky to find, I think there is also a link on the overview page that says something like ‘manage multi label messages’. Something like that.

2 Likes

I voted… I haven’t done a swap for so long. This is exciting. I kinda feel like a newbie again. But I guess it’s like bicycling - you never unlearn… at least that’s what people say :thinking:

4 Likes

For two days in a row I have thought, “Woo hoo! Voting ends tomorrow!” because I know longer know what day it is. :rofl:

11 Likes

I have calendars in just about every room in my house…when I retired, I was told you would lose track of the days, which I did…but now, I am sure with everyone having routines disrupted, this is going to be a common thing…and seriously, with the exception of not wanting to be stuck in work traffic, it no longer matters to me…as my sister said, everyday is Sunday to me!

4 Likes

I had only ever done priority through the USPS. It;s good to know you can do normal first class via Paypal. I;'l have to try it out.

I’m looking forward to seeing what swaps win the poll!

3 Likes

I apologize if I am putting ideas that may or not be what really happens…I’m not sure…but is it safe for us to craft and then send those crafts to other people, even if sendouts are when everything calms down?

Again, I apologize if my understanding of the virus is faulty, I’m just concerned.

What we are doing with all mail is sticking it into a box for 3 days before opening it because mail sorters & letter carriers can be infected & not know it too. But by all reports the virus lives on surfaces for a max of 3 days. If the science starts telling a different story, practices will need to be adjusted accordingly but for now, more extreme measures are unnecessary. 3 days is adequate, more than in most cases.

5 Likes

I think it probably is safe. I have read it is possible to still be viable up to 9 days on certain surfaces, but its not known for certain yet how long. If someone is concerned, then perhaps for the time being to let organizers and partners know the package has arrived safely but it is in quarantine for up to 9 days (or however long you feel is safe) and then you will open and take pictures for the gallery?

Story - How long can coronavirus last on surfaces

5 Likes

People are receiving mail today. And online packages. What are you doing with your normal mail? What are you doing with the things you buy from the grocery store? I don’t see this has having any higher risk? Let things sit for a few days. Wash your hands. Don’t touch your face.
People have to make the decision for themselves though and do what they feel is right for them and if that means no swapping or going to the post office, that would be their right to exercise.

(I hit the wrong reply button - I didn’t mean to directly reply to you bluebird!)

6 Likes

:wink:

I’m sorry if I offended anyone with my question.

My thinking is distracted to begin with and even worse now with all that is going on.

You are right, geekgirl.

2 Likes

It’s ok to be concerned and ask questions. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If you don’t feel its safe to swap, that’s ok too. You can still chat on the forums and keep in touch with everyone. :slight_smile: :blue_heart:

7 Likes

That’s right. Everybody has to do what feels most comfortable for them. If it seems scary receiving items in the mail, that’s how you feel and those feelings are valid. Asking questions is a good thing right now. Though I do wish people would consult the WHO website and local medical authority for real answers, not social media, and not even politicians who are simply not experts in virology after all. I had to have a bit of a talk with some family members. There are a lot of silly ideas floating around right now.

7 Likes

Yes, everyone knows their own circumstances best and will have to make their own informed decision regarding swapping and mailing.

Sending everyone good thoughts. (but zero touchies.)

5 Likes

I have a personal swap item coming soon. My plan is to wear some disposable gloves when opening the box. (I have a gigantic box of food-handling gloves because I used to bake semi-professionally.)

I’d pour the contents of the box out on a table. Then discard the box and gloves in a plastic bag and secure the bag.

The items inside would not have been touched for a few days (for example, I posted my outgoing box on Saturday and it’s not due to arrive until Tuesday). So I’m thinking I’d probably be comfortable handling the items inside. Just not the outer carton.

2 Likes

OK, the Lettuce Crafters have spoken. The top five swaps are

One Tiny Thing Swap @Camelama
Color In a Box @kittykill
Common Ground @Bunny1kenobi
Go Bananas @MistressJennie
4 x 6 Art Swap @Kwality570

You five are welcome to open your swap anytime. Things have changed since we started this poll. If you, for any reason, do not want to organize at this time, please send me a message and we’ll go with the swap with the next most votes. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I would suggest all of us use the old swap sign up form, if that is okay. That way It is uniform and easier for members. I am not near a computer but if someone can copy and paste it, that would be awesome.

I will start my sign ups tomorrow when I am at a computer.

6 Likes