POLL: Which 5 Swaps Should Open First?

You should know by now to trust me. I had no idea what to send for a meat swap, but it was such a crazy theme, I just had to do it. My family thought I was nuts. :smiley:

3 Likes

racky, I can imagine. My family already thinks I’m nuts with the regular swapping!

@LemonHillKnitting I love the idea of a project involving a glow stick! Once swapping gets properly started send me a PM and I will host that one if you can’t! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Also remember that just because someone is a ‘founding member’ that doesn’t mean they aren’t new! It just means we contributed to the setting up of this site in some way.

6 Likes

A lot of those ideas would be excellent in a frugal/natural craftalong too, calling @Faemystique !

2 Likes

I voted! This is going to be so fun!!

1 Like

Soooo, I volunteered to host the magnet swap and still absolutely want to do it if it gets picked, and I definitely want to participate in other swaps as well… But my family is doing a total lockdown during the pandemic because my mother is high risk, so we won’t be going inside the post office for who knows how long. We do have a postage scale and a ton of stamps at home, so boxes small enough to go in the drop-off box outside the post office would be possible, but of course that wouldn’t include tracking. Once these get started, would it be possible to just start crafting time and leave the send date open-ended until things are safer again?
Sorry if I’m opening a huge can of worms here!

3 Likes

If you have a printer you can print postage from the usps site that includes tracking. And you can either drop it off or schedule a pick up from your porch (depending if you live in a neighborhood where you don’t worry about porch pirates). Not saying this solution will fit everyone’s needs.

7 Likes

I’ve definitely done this before and I think that it’s a smidge cheaper than going to the post office too!

2 Likes

You can even use pay pal to ship stuff!

3 Likes

Yep! I use the print postage online option from the USPS all the time. The schedule a pickup feature is fantastic. You just put your package out on your porch (or alternate area), and the postal carrier picks it up for you. No contact, no worries about passing on germs to folks who are at risk.

3 Likes

Most of the swaps listed have a three to five week craft time, and signups won’t officially open with any until Monday. I would hope things were back to (semi)normal in the next month or so, but definitely we will all need to be flexible and thoughtful about send times with these strange times we live it…

6 Likes

I have click and ship and seem to only be able to use the priority mail services…how do you print regular postage like for a small package that would only cost about $3.57 and not $7.85 priority?

4 Likes

Thanks! I’d never heard of those options but they do sound totally workable!

2 Likes

Absolutely racky! I was thinking that if the Go Bananas Swap gets picked, I might extend crafting time to 5 or 6 weeks, from the 4 weeks proposed, due to pandemic. But I was also thinking of encouraging people to craft specifically from stash for it. To rediscover the hidden gems in our own craft hoards, and get creative with what we can make with what we already have. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Both of those are great ideas!

1 Like

Also, the masterboard is a paper swap and therefore does not require tracking…only a resend if it goes missing.

4 Likes

Great ideas! I use the online shipping option all the time, with PayPal.

2 Likes

How do you do first class mail and packages? I only have the option to send priority. I can’t even do international online and I have a business account.

I am thinking of doing stamps.com or something different.

1 Like

I’m up for most of them :laughing:
I am working hard on using my stash right now, especially when I don’t really have any free funds now due to buying a new car. I have so much stuff though I’m not too worried about it!

1 Like