Prairie Schooler Spring / Summer Swap - Sign-ups CLOSED, Send-out April 20

Participants:

@Immaculata :mailbox: @Kwality570
@irid3sc3nt :mailbox: to @jemimah
@jemimah :mailbox: @irid3sc3nt
@Kwality570 :mailbox: @Immaculata

Special participant:
@Immaculata :mailbox: @AIMR in a seperate private swap with the same theme :slight_smile:

:mailbox: = sent
:gift: = received

1 Like

woo! I’m signing up.

1 Like

I’m contemplating…

2 Likes

I may have purchased more Prairie Schooler patterns.
I may also need to keep a list of what I own so I don’t order doubles.

1 Like

I’m going to sign up - I’m going to be away for some of the crafting time, and actually this project will be a good portable travel thing to work on.

2 Likes

I officially signed you guys up, welcome to the swap! @Abbeeroad it would be really cool if you’re able to join us!

2 Likes

I can’t join you guys officially, but I am making something for spring and will participate in spirit!

My stitching supplies are not getting packed until the very last minute!

2 Likes

I’m going to be super busy for a while with work including lots of extra hours, but I’m sure I can get some stitching time in for some R&R.

I just sent in my questionnaire and look forward to getting partners. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I extended the deadline!! So, anyone still in doubt, you’ve got 24 hours left to sign up!

As I’m typing this, it’s 18 March 11.30am in the GMT+1 time zone. I’m extending the deadline until 19 March 12:00pm, so that’s 24 hours from now.

1 Like

Everyone should have their partner’s Q in their inbox. Let me know if I made any mistakes!

1 Like

Yay! I’m excited to start working, but I’m waiting on a pattern to come in the mail. It finally made it to Denver, so maybe it’ll be here tomorrow or Thursday. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yay! I’m looking forward to getting started soon :rabbit2:

4 Likes

I’m having an issue with my cross stitch fabric. It has a crease right down the middle that isn’t coming out with an iron! My MIL suggested I use a damp cloth on it then iron over that to steam it back into place. I thought I wasn’t supposed to get the fabric wet so I haven’t messed with it further. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Oh no! I’ve had to deal with that at times, it is a bother. I’ve usually sprayed or even completely rinsed it in water, and then ironed the damp fabric to get out creases. Personally, I often wash finished embroideries too, I’ve never had a problem with dyes running, although some reds might need to be tested first. I iron them on the back with a folded towel underneath, so the stitches don’t get crushed.

Was there a label that said this particular fabric shouldn’t be washed? If it’s cotton it should be fine to use steam or water.

3 Likes

I usually buy in pieces from my local shop. I haven’t encountered a problem where a significant crease is right down the middle. I’ll try getting it wet and seeing how it turns out. In the meantime, I found cross stitch fabric in my stash that is larger and will work better.
Now I’ve misplaced the embroidery thread I purchased :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

A lot of cross stitch fabric is lightly starched when you buy it, like quilting fabric. After washing it might be a little less stiff. But unless you’re using special hand dyed or extremely cheap, off-brand fabric in a bright colour I wouldn’t worry about water.

3 Likes

I’m still not home but I’ve been looking through Prairie Schooler patterns online and I think I’ve found what I want to stitch for my partners. And the best thing, I already own those patterns so I can start as soon as I get home. I think I’ve probably got the fabric and thread in stash, too.

Have you guys decided on patterns already?

2 Likes

I have! I have so many patterns that I really want to do!

I am going to gather my threads and get started as soon as I finish my IYP project. I am in the home stretch and then, it will be stitching or knitting since I am packing up all of my sewing fabrics and tools!

2 Likes

I think so? I’m a bit limited with what I can find online here, but there are a few cute options :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Yup! I have everything I need now. I started the day before yesterday (I had to knit a washcloth yesterday.) I’m adding a bit more to a pattern, nothing crazy. Should be fun!

2 Likes