Praise - Swap Whisperer & Community Manager

I need to take a very important moment to give some love and praise to @racky (the artist formerly known as rackycoo) and @kittykill.

racky is our Swap Whisperer:

She is our magical maestro of all things Swap-Related on Lettuce Craft. racky helped design the new swap process and integrated swap system on Lettuce Craft (coming soon!) . She supports the Swap Moderators, swappers, and all of us crazies here on Lettuce Craft.

kittykill is our Community Manager:

She is the glue that keeps us all together. She is the hug makes our mornings better. kittykill manages all of the community forums for Lettuce Craft. She specializes in community engagement, content creation, product and tutorial demonstrations, herding cats, and being really badass.

As some of you know, when C closed, the three of us lost our jobs (paid positions) there as well. What some of you may not know, though is, our contracts were actually ended prior to the site closing. And do you know what happened during that last week? Racky & Kittykill showed up to work and for our members every.single.day just as usual. They didn’t flinch. They didn’t stop. They just kept being… themselves. :heart:

And again, when I asked both of them if they would join on this crazy new (now volunteer :sob:) adventure, with an even larger work load :crazy_face:, NEITHER of them flinched in their responses. In fact, they replied instantly with so much enthusiasm and encouragement, it brought me to tears.

We are more than just a website. This has been demonstrated time and time again.

This, the spirit of these beautiful humans, is what our community is built on. This is the foundation to our new home.

Thank you, racky & kitty, and welcome home. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

73 Likes

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!!! You truly inspire me to be a better person! I love what our community is and thank you for asking me to come along on this amazing crafty adventure! We are the three amigos!

12 Likes

cheers for @kittykill @racky AND @sweets4ever! You are the steam in our crafty engine. :heart::heart::heart:

11 Likes

Aw, thanks, sweets! How could we leave our family behind?

10 Likes

“No Crafter Left Behind”

17 Likes

Three cheers for the Captain, and the loyal crew! Huzzah for @kittykill & @racky, and Captain @sweets4ever! :pirate_flag:

8 Likes

I was amazed by the way people refused to give up once the news was given to us, and I could see early that the mods would not give up and leave us behind for a random paying job, but I had no idea that you amazing lot showed up and refused to give up even though the end had already come for your contracts. This just shows just how amazing this group is, especially the mods, I will always be proud to be a member of this community.

6 Likes

You all are the absolute bestest! I know you already know how awesome you are, and how many people you have helped inspire and how many people you have given a space to interact that feels like home… But it’s all so very true. I know I am not alone in saying that when the news hit last month, I suddenly felt very very lost, and it means the world that you all worked so stinking hard (without pay and through the holiday season, no less) to give us a new home. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you so, so, SO much!

5 Likes

Thank you sweets & mr sweets, @kittykill, and @racky all for creating this place, and supporting our community! :two_hearts: your hard work is really inspiring too.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Well deserved “Congratulations!” and huge “Thank you!” to all fab four founders.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you so very much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you for all of your hard work to keep this amazing community together

2 Likes

Seeing y’all rally after the initial shockwaves hit and everybody’s hearts dropped to the floor is what gave us all the bounce to spring back up and continue forward, keep on claiming each other for cards & crafts, get temporary landing sites together, gather everybody up and not let go of each other. We are made of sparkles and thread and glue and we are MAGIC! Wherever we go, it will be home but wow you sparkly magicians, it sure is awesome to have a beautiful home to step into together. Thank you to all the behind-the-scenes members who worked so hard to hang on tight and especially to @kittykill @racky @sweets4ever @mr.sweets4ever for crafting this soft spot to land. You. Are. Awesome.

12 Likes

Thank you so very much you guys! This community is my favourite place on the internet by a long way. Please let us know if there are things we can do to support you and this community as we go along together :heart:

6 Likes

You guys are the best!

1 Like

Thanks for being the stitches that hold this family together! :heart:

4 Likes

Many thanks for all the hard work and dedication… and for so swiftly creating a new nest for us.:heart:

1 Like

Rock stars!!

1 Like

You ladies are such a huge blessing in my life. Even when we aren’t in the same swaps or the same group continually, you are just THERE! Thank you so much. I will be praying for your financial well being. Thank you SO much for your unflinching steadfastness. My heart is so full!!!

5 Likes