Prayer Flag Spring 2023 Gallery

We have a rock Jim found as a little kid. He somehow decided it was a dinosaur egg and kept it, trying to get it to hatch under his bed. When his mom moved house a few years ago, she found it and had her sister paint it to look like the ‘egg’ is cracking open, and the dinosaur is about to hatch. It makes me smile crazy big every time I see it and think of baby-Jim trying to hatch it.

5 Likes

Aww…I love this. That is an awesome way to preserve childhood magic. :sparkles: :t_rex:

1 Like

The light is fading but I snapped these quick photos to post asap
Amazing, incredible, beautiful, fabulously unique take on the subject.

The snail!

& this clever web.

Everything about it is marvelous, thank you so much @Harlan

11 Likes

@Harlan your flag is just stunning. The spiderweb and little snail are delightful touches.

1 Like

This is such an amazing little world!

1 Like

wow…now this is a whole new take…it has so many parts that are so you, @magpie…the mushrooms, snail, etc. I also bet it is just lovely to touch…

1 Like

Here is my flag from @Kwality570. I’ve had it for awhile, but didn’t open it right away. I apologize for taking so long to post. I really like this flag a lot! She went with my hippie theme. The colors and polka dots and the fringe on the bottom are all so pretty. The pom-pom trim is a neat addition! Thank so much Kwality!

She sent me a lovely card too.

Here’s an extra pic of my cat Rudy checking out my flag. I thought I had shooed him away before i snapped the pic but there he is!

10 Likes

I’m so glad you and Rudy like it!!!

2 Likes

Wow!! That felted flag from @Harlan is amazing!! The spider web! Wow.

Love the peace sign from @Kwality570, too! The pom pom fringe is so cute!

1 Like

MY hippy self has always been fond of the peace sign!! Lovely flag!!

2 Likes

Oh, @Harlan that mushroom prayer flag is fabulous! I absolutely adore that little cut out spider web and the composition is amazing!

2 Likes

Oooh!!! I love the stitches around the peace sign and I always love pom pom trim! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Kwality570! I love that flag, my gosh. It’s your style but different, to suit the theme if ykwim. So kewl!

2 Likes

BEAUTIFUL! @MightyMitochondria

2 Likes

Both sides are equally gorgeous but I posted the back without realizing it, I missed the birds!

I hope these pics are good enough for you to use @Harlan, I’m afraid I’m not much of a photographer.

9 Likes

I am so glad you posted more photos. @Harlan is so talented. I love every single detail.

1 Like

Wow…you are right…BOTH sides are beautifully done!

3 Likes

Yes!! Thank you!! (cameras and I are not friends - I struggle with them) :slight_smile:

Spiderweb got a bit wobbly in transit, I see. If I ever decide to do that again I’ll have to make it a bit more rigid or something.

@MightyMitochondria @AIMR (blushes) Thank you very kindly!!

4 Likes

I think it’s looks very organic & authentic.
Some thinned white glue brushed on can act like a strong starch, if you do something similar in future.

2 Likes

I received a stunning flag from @Abbeeroad !

The theme and compilation of all of those colorful bits is absolutely fabulous! And I got a bonus fancy blue button to boot.

Thank you!!!

11 Likes