Prayer Flag Swap Spring 2023 - Sign-ups CLOSED - Send outs July 10

My Q is in!

Wonderful collection @marionberries!! I have mine hanging in my craft room too for constant inspiration. :heart:

Lighting is not great because they are against windows but I love them!

8 Likes

These are so lovely.

3 Likes

@marionberries @Abbeeroad Yours are so lovely!

4 Likes

sweet!
also @marionberries , these collections are wonderful!

2 Likes

Love seeing little reminders of the past…such awesome displays!

And just sent in my Q.

3 Likes

I just updated the list of swappers. Please let me know if I missed you.

How many of you are excited for the Talk Scrappy to Me challenge? I can hardly wait to see all the entries!

The sign-up deadline for this swap is Friday, June 9th. I will be chaperoning a herd of middle schoolers in Washington D.C. The itinerary is packed and we will not be back to the hotel until late each night. Please be patient if I do not respond or update the swapper list right away. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I love a positive message with a snarky twist. To me it makes it more real and not just a woo woo cliche if you will.
I may have to do this….

6 Likes

Going to sign up later tonight after the baby heads to bed.

Also, hi @curiousfae! Haven’t talked to you in a while. I miss you! If you have the time, you should come to the Midwest Meetup at my house in July!!! (LOL, as should everyone else here on LC who might like to join us!!!)

4 Likes

Happy Monday, my friends! I was prowling Pinterest for prayer flag ideas while ignoring my ever growing to do list. We can make our flags as simple or complex as we want, but here are some techniques if you are looking for new ideas.

Hot glue stencils ! I am sure this one is old hat for paper crafters, but it is all new for me. What a great way to create organic shapes.

Hammered leaf fabric. . I used this technique once before with the ferns in my yard. It is so simple and the result are beautiful.

Ten ways to use fabric trimmings. Lots of great ideas here. I particularly like the way they use the bits of thread that I wouldn’t even think about repurposing.

Woven story. No tutorial on this one, just a Flickr photo. However, the way the artist wove book pages, yarn, and sticks together is stunning. Love it.

What about you? Do you have any new or exciting techniques to share?

7 Likes

Just sent in my Q!

3 Likes

Yay!!!

3 Likes

Ooh, @MightyMitochondria those ideas are stellar!

@Abbeeroad and @marionberries I LOVE your displays! What a great idea to string them up like that! Seeing the variety just makes me even more excited for this one!

5 Likes

And for this kind of swap, I encourage everyone to make a flag for themselves. We all need a little prayer.

8 Likes

That is a great idea. :heart:

3 Likes

Ooo…the woven story is really cool!

5 Likes

Making one or two for yourself just adds to the line of flags. They also make great little gifts, get well cards, birthday, etc.

5 Likes

Prayer flags really do make the best gifts. Two dear colleagues just retired. Both are godly women with a servants’ hearts. I thought a long time about the best gifts and finally settled on prayer flags. One said “Spread seeds of kindness” and the other said, “Well done, my good and faithful servant”. The latter is a Bible verse. I hope their flags expressed my love and appreciation for both of them. :heart:

8 Likes

I read that as being stencils FOR hot glue, not MADE with hot glue!
(It’s been a long day so far :wink: )

4 Likes

Ok, I’ve sent my q.

4 Likes

Yay!!!

3 Likes