Pumpkin mini-scene

My DH and I love fall and Halloween. We’ve never been the type to carve pumpkins (we tried one year and the poor thing rotted on the front porch).

This year, I decided to make a spooky scene inside of a craft pumpkin that we could display again and again.

When we shopped for pumpkins, the only craft versions we could buy were white, but nothing like an orange wash to give it a pop of color.

image image image image image

Definitely excited to find a place for this guy!

28 Likes

Great job! I love the wee punkins. :slight_smile: :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Looks great! How did you do the edges of the pumpkin?

It’s actually a type of lichen that I’ve adhered to the edges. I wanted to give it a little bit of a decayed feel. :blush:

3 Likes

Ooh the wee pumpkins are so great! It’s like pumpkin inception! :laughing:

Great job! I love that texture you have going around the outside of the carving. It creates a fun transition.

1 Like

Its a lovely spooky scene!

1 Like

What a clever idea!

1 Like

Very nice project! I love the scene but you could also turn it around and have a regular nice pumpkin to display…the wash is a nice effect!

1 Like

Lovely little pumpkin scene!

1 Like

Thanks y’all! It was a fun thing to do between conference calls for work. On to the next project!

Love it. That wash of orange is just what the pumpkin ordered!

1 Like

I love this! It is so sweet and spooky.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Pumpkin Mini Scene is one of this week’s featured projects! Way to go!

2 Likes

This is awesome. It reminds me of those eggs that have scenes in them. You did a great job with the feel of it. I love how the sky is dark and creepy inside too. Sets the mood.

1 Like

Oh wow! That’s amazing!

1 Like

This is super cool!

1 Like

Thanks guys! I had a lot of fun putting it together.

What a fun idea! It turned out so great! And the fact that you can reuse it year after year is the icing on the cake.
I know what you mean about the rotten pumpkins – I think they only make it a day or two here before they’re growing mold! Ick! It just doesn’t get cold enough to keep them fresh.

1 Like

Pumpkin dioramas should become a new thing. This is so cool!

1 Like

Such a great idea for those fake pumpkins!! Love it!