Purple Silk Chiffon Market Tote

I’ve been eyeing this market tote pattern and chiffon ribbon yarn for a while now, on Darn Good Yarn’s website. The colors of the yarn are so vivid, and the tote is such a fun, cheerful little project. But since I didn’t have a specific purpose to make it for, I’ve held off buying it. Then one of their emails got me with a warehouse clearance sale of 75% off, and I had to jump at it.

Because I’m trying to stash bust, I didn’t want to let it get too comfortable in my craft room, and managed to use it up within 3 weeks of it arriving at my doorstep. Pretty proud of that. I did find that I didn’t have quite as much yarn as the pattern expected me to. Overall my tote is 1 row of double crochet shorter than called for, and I used up every inch of the first 3 colors, instead of cutting and changing colors as the pattern instructed. As I approached the end, I could tell I wouldn’t have enough yarn for the final dc row, so I went on to the handle making section. I had just enough yarn after that to add a second row of single crochet, to make the handle a bit sturdier, based on the suggestions of other folks on Ravelry.

I still don’t have a purpose in mind for it. I haven’t decided if I’m being selfish and keeping it, or if I’ll put it in my gift cupboard for future present giving purposes. But I loved doing a quick and cheerful little project between other tasks.

20 Likes

I could totally see this full of yummy food and flowers from the farmer’s market. Nice job!

2 Likes

This is amazing! I love the texture

1 Like

I love the colors and the style of that bag. I would keep it, but it would make a phenomenal gift! Score on the 75% off too!

1 Like

I know! I kinda regret not picking up a few more color sets, so I could make several for Christmas gifts.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

So pretty

1 Like

This is lovely! The colors are cheerful and pretty.

1 Like

The chunkiness is sooooo attractive on this; a really appealing scale of yarn, stitch, project!

This. It can be like “sorry I’m late, the dog had her head on my lap so I couldn’t move” with the good stuff!

2 Likes

Love the colors and the functionality…looks like it will hold a lot…it would work out well as a beach tote, full of towels and bottles of water!

1 Like

This is a great shaped bag. I think it would be perfect as a gift bag that doubles as a gift, but I can totally see keeping this because it looks so useful and colorful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a great shape and seems so sturdy. Useful and beautiful!!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I love the colors.

There was a bag of yarn at Goodwill the other day, six different purples. It was in my cart before I remembered that I don’t knit, crochet, or weave, and it would just sit around. Now I wish I’d bought it anyway.

3 Likes