Put the Fun in Functional Stitch Along

I haven’t made any actual progress yet. I have pulled out the book again today, then remembered the box I wanted to put everything in was upstairs, and then didn’t see the proper fabric boxes/stacks for all of the stuff in the craft room… so maybe tomorrow will see at least the box and book combined. Then again I’m still not quite decided on colour (but I’m leaning towards black with black/purple embellishments and purple lining) so maybe that’s why I’m procrastinating. One reason anyway.

1 Like

I finished my embroidered pouch today!

Though of course I got a backpack computer bag yesterday that is screaming for an embroidered flap…

8 Likes

EEEP! I love it! So fun!

3 Likes

Oh, I like this! I definitely have a few bags that could use some sprucing up and with pretty embroidery, all the better.

2 Likes

What pretty colors!

I am starting mine in conjunction with the Thing A Day Craftalong in February…my bag will have a lot of boro patches so I need to start making them.

3 Likes

Oh that sounds amazing!

2 Likes

I got two small pieces done that I will be adding to my purse…since they are about two inches long, I’m going to need a “few” more…better keep going…

2 Likes

Those fabric combinations are fantastic. I can hardly wait to see what you do with them.

1 Like

Awesome boro!!

1 Like

Neat!

1 Like

Did another piece for my purse! Trying to get a good mix of fabrics just using stash…this was a piece of leftover fabric from a chair I upholstered long ago…you can see a tiny bit of gold fabric that I am working with that came from one of my old corporate pencil skirts…that will be my next piece.

9 Likes

I don’t plan on joining the stitch-along, but I do have several projects that fit January’s prompts, and I’m very proud of them. Could I still post them in this thread?

Go for it!

1 Like

All your pieces are just lovely. I can’t wait to see what you do with that lovely gold fabric.

2 Likes