Quick & Dirty Magnet Refresh

I found myself lamenting how few of my fridge magnets were small enough to hold things to the fridge without overwhelming them. Then I realized I had a couple of (unsolicited) promotional magnets languishing unused on the side of the fridge that I could easily sacrifice. Naturally, I had to zhuzz them up a bit first.

Out of laziness expediency, I just glue-sticked (gluestuck?) the heck out of the magnets themselves, attached them to a bit of masterboard, and left them under a couple of books overnight before cutting them to size. The mastermagnets:

This batch should hold me for a while โ€“ pun totally intended. Thanks for looking!

18 Likes

They look great! I love how cutting them up creates even more visual interest, thatโ€™s like magic.

2 Likes

What a great upcycle of those promotional magnets. Love how they turned out!

1 Like

I like the vibrant colors you used! May the gluestuck magnets forever stick.

1 Like

I love how you worked this project. I was just looking at some old calendar magnets and wondered if something like this would work. And now I know!

1 Like

Clever! They look great too!

1 Like

Your masterboards were beautiful to begin with. The shapes of the fridge magnets make them even more so!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! Iโ€™m quite happy with them and have already put them to work.

It really did sort of feel like a double masterboard effect. Cutting the full-sized magnet pieces totally changed the look, and then chopping those up totally changed it again.

3 Likes

Oooo I have some of those magnets. Love this idea. They look great.

2 Likes

I just got a new promotional magnet that needs this treatment. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

Very cool idea! They turned out great!

1 Like

Do you get sent magnets by companies promoting their business??

1 Like

All the time. Calendars, reusable travel mugs, keychains, wine stoppers, you name it. Real-estate is big business in the US & Canada.

1 Like

Wow!! I want some of this action!!!
(As referenced in another threadโ€ฆ tat that could be useful)

We just get flyers through the door

1 Like

Occasionally; I donโ€™t get tons. These were actually the telehealth info for insurance I donโ€™t have anymore.

What a great idea! Iโ€™m now lamenting the fact that I threw one of these promo magnets out the other day. Iโ€™ll be hoarding them from now on!

1 Like