Quiet Book for Grand Daughter 1

I really should have kept track of the hours I put into this book :smiley: Started before we moved and thought I was finished but then I unpacked my new sewing machine and decided modifications were necessary because it could handle the bulk better. Then this morning I decided her name should be on it so I added the star on the front cover (name blotted out)

Balloons for learning colours and sorting … there is velcro on them and circles under each balloon with the colour name written in its colour.

Abacus for learning to count

Flowers and buttons to teach colour matching and how to do buttons … there is a pocket on the left in case she doesn’t get them all put on before it’s time to put away.

Dinosaur lacing (her daddy loves dinosaurs but I also made sure there was an elephant for mommy)

Zipper rainbow and different textured clouds

I Spy (which I just realized yesterday isn’t very quiet) I took a picture of the objects she can hunt for, printed it on fabric and attached it to the page. This page is two sided so she can see the objects from the back too.

25 Likes

Charming!

1 Like

This is really cool

1 Like

Really a cool book…so many things to learn…I just love the zipper rainbow…that needs to be made into something adult…hmmm?

She is going to be busy, but maybe not so quiet!..lol…Merry Christmas to you and your family!

1 Like

You are an awesome grandma, and sure thought of everything! I love the pocket in case she doesn’t get all the buttons completed, and double sided I-Spy, but really, it is just excellent altogether.

2 Likes

This is such a fantastic gift for your grand daughter…one that will be loved and enjoyed many times over.

2 Likes

@geekgirl @AIMR @Lynx @loves2experiment

Thanks for the compliments. It sure is encouraging to have a group of people to cheer you on!

2 Likes

Wow! Tons of work put into this! It’s beautiful.

1 Like

That is a wonderful gift!

1 Like

What a wonderful book! I really like the I spy addition. It will surely be treasured.

1 Like

I really love this. The zipper rainbow is visually my favorite, but seriously all the pages look amazing and such a fun way to keep a child busy and learn at the same time.

1 Like

We gave it to our grand daughter today and she loved it!

1 Like

Well done! I’ve been wanting to make one of these for my granddaughter and I really like some of your ideas here!

1 Like

Thank you! I did lots of online research deciding what pages to make. If I do another one, I’ll leave out the abacus because I don’t feel it’s interactive enough. I’d also change the zipper page and put pictures or pockets behind them rather than nothing. My grand daughter loves the flowers and lacing pages best.

1 Like

It is utterly delightful!

1 Like