Quilt-along 2021

I MistressJennie submit this as my August BOM entry.

13 Likes

Ooohhh pretty

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing your Halloween quilt!

1 Like

I love the colors @MistressJennie . Especially the sparkly bits. and the coffins and skulls.

1 Like

I just realized now with @mistressjennie posting her awesome BOM that I have failed to share an August prompt! So sorry, ya’ll!

August’s Prompt: Nature’s Bounty. Quilt something that represents something you might see in nature, something you might use with nature (napkins for garden snacks, for example), or any other way you want to represent this theme.

5 Likes

Hey Friends! I know this is off-topic as far as quilting, but I’m sharing anyways in an effort to get the word out. I’ll be teaching an online class for LC, in a few weeks. We will be making a rainbow sun catcher and a beaded bracelet with a charm. Kits are available for the low price of $11 (including shipping in the US), + $5 for the class itself, that goes to LC, to help us fund things like Challenge prizes. The kits include the same rainbow suncatcher seen in the link below, while the bracelet kits are completely custom to each person. I have over 1,000 charms to choose from, and tons of high quality beads, so you’re sure to get something you love.

Signups were due to close today, but we’re going to extend them a few more days to let more people join in.

2 Likes

@MistressJennie I’ve signed up, I have all the supplies, so basically I just want to enjoy the class.

And I did some piecing today, it was so nice, even if my space is very tight on I’m catching up on BOM that I’ve missed. Naturally I thought I was further back than I was, so I made may (again!);

Then I got as grip and realised that I’d already made may, and June. So I made July.

This is literally all the space I currently have to work in. I’m not really complaining because the reason I’m in a tight spot is because DH is going to start shelving my craft room. Yay!!!

12 Likes

I just had to share this. The funniest quilt pattern I’ve ever seen.

8 Likes

That is truly bizarre. I especially love the mermaids

1 Like

It’s so weird, I’m tempted to make it. But then what would I do with it?!?! LOL :joy:

3 Likes

Frame it and display it proudly over where you feed your pup?
Donate it to an auction to raise money for your favorite dog charity?
Wear it as a cape when dog walking?

I mean, the possibilities truly are endless… :smiley:

5 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, I vote for this too!

3 Likes

I completely meant to come back and follow up on this. The cream Halloween fabric is from Timeless Treasures!

2 Likes

I finished the back of my DS2’s quilt today. It feels like I’m finally in the home stretch on this project!

Front:

Back:

21 Likes

It’s BEAUTIFUL my friend!

1 Like

It’s absolutely stunning

1 Like

Thank you! I love how it turned out and can’t wait to quilt it.

Woo, gorgeous! The back looks like some sort of dynamic rainbow interference, so much movement!

3 Likes

Wow!:heart_eyes:

1 Like