Quilt-along 2021

Me, too! And, since I don’t have any pinks/reds/purples in my color scheme, it makes me happy to see other colors being used. I think I might have to use green… since I love green :slight_smile:

1 Like

Use any color, hearts come in all shapes and colors! I’m following a color theme so I can have a quilt for the new 3 season porch someday. But I am running out of navies and aqua/turquoise/teal colors. So I might make a trip to look for some fat quarters to fill things out a bit.

I cut all the squares for my next lap quilt, all came from stash for that one as well as numerous charm packs acquired over the years. I just need to get started on the sewing.

But…I designed a house block to go with the BOMs. Ignore the additional lines, they are for visualization, I’ll probably make it up as I go, but this gives me window, door, and solar panel sizes to shoot for. I think I’m procrastinating on starting the new lap quilt.

4 Likes

Testing out another way of piecing multiple HST’s.

5 Likes

Ooh let me know how it goes. The BOM and economy blocks seems to have cured my aversion to triangles.

2 Likes

Picking fabrics for Feb’s BOM!

2 Likes

While going through my stash this week, I found back 40 blocks from cutoffs from the Dinoroar kids quilt and also some matching panels + enough leftovers from all the fabrics. So after the BOM and my denim quilt, that will be my next project.

I found a few more baby quilt panels. They came from someone else and they’ve been in my stash for years. I’m pretty sure the fabrics are curtain samples, but they’re 100% cotton and the same weight as quilting cotton so I’ll just use them as panels. I don’t love them but I know lots of people will, and I’ve found a local charity that requests quilts for babies born in poverty. So that’s where they’ll go when they’re done.

I haven’t done this much quilting in years but this thread has really inspired me!

4 Likes

That’s what we are here for and I am so glad to have you say that!

4 Likes

12" All Hallows Block to add to my stack of black & jewel toned BOMs.

14 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Would anyone who has not yet nominated a block like to nominate this one? (FYI, you don’t have to actually make the block if you nominate it…but definite kudos and raffle points if you do!)

2 Likes

The method was fine, but I think I liked the “Easy 8” method better, one big square that you sew diagonally across in both directions, like I did for the Double Quartet Block above. With the zig zagging in this method I just tested, youhave to sew off the edge, then come back up on the edge in a diagonal, which does leave you tugging your threads to avoid the corners being eaten (which is not normally a problem on my machine, but it didn’t like these strips much).

Bonus: This block has no Flying Geese. LOL

4 Likes

I love this block! This is gorgeous.

3 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart: and in case you missed it :heart:

Sorry, not sorry, geese. (I really wanted a goose emoji.)

2 Likes

Beautiful colors and a great addition!

1 Like

I would love to give it a try! I’ll nominate it!

Beautiful results, Jennie!

4 Likes

Woohoo!!! Yay! The All Hallows block has been nominated for October–my birthday month, to boot! :slight_smile: Thanks Abbee.

5 Likes

Oh! A perfectly named block for Oct!

2 Likes

I, Lynx nominate this for my Feb BOM!

The strawberry fabric was left over from a strawberry instagram swap as was the pink.

The blue was used as a liner for a bag for our principal who retired last year.

My 2 blocks together. Different sizes, so they sashing wil occur.

Fun fact: Even though I had the first block out, I was surprised that I used the pink fabric in both. Haha.

10 Likes

This is a speedy and motivated group…maybe we should do two blocks a month! I am making blocks for the other months so then do we need to do two to submit them? ha ha I know I can’t wait that long to show them off…I am going to do the October block in February…

How am I going to know if you work ahead if you don’t show them early? So, if you work early, but can keep a secret, then I guess you found a loophole…? But, since we are all working one a month, you can’t submit for tickets unless it is the month we are currently in.

2 Likes