Dinoroar kids quilt

I made this quilt for a friend’s child. I decided to do a single bed sized quilt for her kids because I figured they’d be able to use that for a much longer time than a baby quilt. They’re going to receive it today, the new owner is 1,5 now. I finished this one much faster than the one for his older brother, he got his a couple of months after his second birthday :smile:

I used a Robert Kaufman pattern that I adapted to get to the right size. Unfortunately the pictures aren’t that great, it’s a dark and windy day so we couldn’t take pictures inside but it wasn’t much better outside.

19 Likes

How cute! I’m sure they will enjoy it for many years to come!! :smile:

1 Like

Wow…it is so cute…love the pattern since it really shows off the dino print. The backing is lovely, too…I am sure both kids will be cherishing their quilts for a long time!

1 Like

My kiddo would have gone nuts for a quilt like this at that age! I love it!

1 Like

Kids love dinosaurs. It’s going to be a hit. I really like the bright colors.

1 Like

He loved it! He was pointing to all the jungle animals and making their sounds, then he pointed at the dinosaurs and looked at us. He probably thought we were idiots when we didn’t know what sound dinosaurs make.

His older brother, now 6, was really happy as well that his little brother has his own quilt now, because apparantly little brother was stealing his quilt all the time. I used a Robert Kaufman fabric for that first quilt and the fabric still looks nice, which is why I chose this brand again - that and the cute prints in bright colours. I used a synthetic batting for both so it’s easy to machine wash.

Eeps! I love this so much. I’m in a little of a dinosaur kick and the quilt rocks!

2 Likes

I just heard from my friend that he’s so happy with his blankie that temperatures over 30C don’t stop him from sleeping under it! And during the day he drags it to the living room so he can just hold it while he’s playing. Honestly my piecing is quite shoddy, I’m not a super talented quilter. But I’m so happy that both boys love their blankies so much.

1 Like

How fun! I like your border fabric and the fun backing fabric! It sounds like it was very well received. This was a really thoughtful gift!

1 Like

I had some leftovers of this fabric so when I heard the current owner of the quilt has a baby doll that he feeds, changes and puts to bed every day, I figured I needed to make this:

The colours are not accurate, but I can’t get them any better right now. The colours are bright like in the first picture. The pillow is green and the blanket is green on one side and yellow on the other. It’s roughly 30x40 cm. There’s a scrap of thin batting in it.

2 Likes