Quilt-along 2021

Looks good! Any shortcuts or other methods are sure welcomed!

Finished the quilting! Wonky spirals in the circles, and free motion stippling everywhere else.

12 Likes

It looks sooooo classy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think you will be out of black thread again soon…this is just beautiful and well done…one of my favorites…

BTW–how is your finger? Ouch…hope it isn’t too sore!

2 Likes

I love that you used two different quilted stitches on this. It looks great!

2 Likes

It’s mostly closed up. I’m pretty sure it didn’t appreciate my time in the pool today, but now it’s slathered in neosporin and a bandage. Hopefully it’ll be better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Quilting is finished but this is all I’m showing :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Such nice straight lines! What do you use to do your quilting?

2 Likes

@Magpie, it’s not cheating, it is design modification. :innocent: we are allowed as crafters to always do our own thing! :crazy_face:

@MistressJennie, I love your wonky circle quilting. The top came together so wonderfiully.

@Cindy ?? Oh the mystery.

All these tips and quilt block making has really sped up my quilting from “slower than a tortise” to “speed of a cat when called (just ambling along)”. Vast improvement. Got this far this morning.

11 Likes

Absolutely stunning! I’ve always wanted to try my hand at a Carpenter’s Wheel type pattern.

It’s just squares and hst blocks, I make it in 4 large 4 x 4 blocks. I love to mix it up with color families, not a lot of the same fabric. So it really strains my dyslexic brain. This is one place I need a clear pattern, triple checking, no wine, and frequent breaks. Then the rest is easy. I spend time designing and placing colors.

1 Like

My sewing machine … I recently purchased a Janome Memory Craft 8200 QCP … this is the first projected I’ve quilted with it and I’m enjoying the wider throat and walking foot.

3 Likes

@marionberries…beautiful colors and precision sewing!

I have to say that I have learned to be more patient with my sewing in some ways due to this thread…

I often feel like I am of two distinct personalities…one that wants to be precise, neat, orderly, and the other that is just flamboyant and spontaneous…I think that is just fine so I just go with whatever speaks to me that day…lol…today…I feel…hmmmm

1 Like

It’s gorgeous!!! Even though the design is fairly simple with those square blocks, the fabrics make it look so intricate. I really love the different shades and pattern of white-ish fabrics. It really adds something to the design.

Need your opinion friends…

Option #1: The center star all matching.

Option #2: The center star alternating oranges.

5 Likes

I’m the type of person that prefers even numbers and things to match, so my vote goes to matching, although I almost changed my mind. Both are great.

That’s an extremely hard choice but I’m leaning more to option 2.

1 Like

I like 2, but they both work well.

1 Like

Yes, I slightly prefer #2 as well.

I prefer two too, when the patterns are the same it makes the patterned orange in #1 look like a pinwheel