Quilt Block Swap Gallery

You are so very welcome dear! I hate the idea of not being able to make a mix of blocks blend with one another, so I was hoping you could use the scraps to basically ‘finish’ whatever project you decide to do with them. As I was playing with the Mosaic blocks, I kept thinking they’d make a fun table runner. Can’t wait to see what you do with them!

Also, I can’t believe all of the boxes arrived so early!

2 Likes

Love this!!

2 Likes

Jennie, you sure do have a good eye for mixing colors and patterns! I love the little golden yellow bee pattern in the center.

1 Like

I received the most AMAZING witchy Halloween block from @AIMR! You guys, check this crazy paper-pieced masterpiece out!

The pattern made either a 6" or 9", and she blew up the 6" to double size, making a 12" block. And even at 12", I can’t believe how tiny the tiniest pieces are. They’re insane.

Linda, I absolutely love it. It’s utterly perfect, and I adore the fabrics. They fit right in with the Halloween prints I already have put aside. Now I’m so motivated to make some more Halloween blocks to add to it.

6 Likes

Wow…that was super fast delivery! I haven’t done any paper piecing in a while so when I saw you wanted a Witch hat, I scoured my patterns! It was a fun one but made with a lot of under the breath cussing…lol…I still get twisted around but once I started, it went smoothly!

I tried to stay neutral so you could have lots of purple and orange in your Halloween quilt!

2 Likes

Awesome!! So Jennie!!

1 Like

Lovely blocks, I’m bummed that I had to sit this one out. But that witch hat is all kinds of amazing

2 Likes

I also had to sit this one out but am loving the gallery!!! Perhaps next time I can get my act, and nerves, together to try a similar swap out!

1 Like

I wanted to show off in this gallery what @MistressJennie sent to me…such perfect blocks and lots of kindness and generosity came in this package…

Four Friendship stars…very versatile and a most used block in many of my RWB quilts because it is fast and looks great with other blocks!

A beautifully executed Annie’s Choice star…just lovely in how it is scrappy and yet not…shown with two small filler blocks…

And then, she also sent fabrics to make some more and a nice card…thanks, Jennie…hope they kept you busy and feeling productive…they sure made me feel special!

6 Likes

I am super late posting this but I got an incredible box from @MistressJennie as well!! Look at all these gorgeous coordinated bento box blocks she made!!

They’re all sooooo pretty!! This is such a fantastic start to a coral and teal quilt. :slight_smile: Thank you so much! There are also a bunch of smaller pieces of matching fabric so I can add to this myself. And yes, I see we did have one of the exact same fabrics that we sent each other! XD That just means it will be even easier for me to coordinate with it - hooray!! <3 I’m also really looking forward to trying the interesting tea selection you sent; thanks!

5 Likes

That was a really pretty block you picked! I want to give it a try for some of the blocks I need in the quiltalong…looks like it will help use up a bunch of smaller pieces!

Love the mix of colors and prints but still coordinating!

2 Likes

The block uses 2.5” strips. I tend to cut up my smaller scraps into 2.5” strips and squares to help manage my stash anyway, so it is quite convenient.

2 Likes

I received an absolutely LOVELY package from Abbeeroad today!

First off was this awesome Halloween star block, which is going to fit in so well with Linda’s hat block.

Apparently Abbie wasn’t satisfied with the light star block, so she created a second darker version. Well I’m not sure what she was fussed about, since the light star is lovely, but I’ll totally take a second awesome Halloween star for my collection!

As if those weren’t enough, she also created a beautiful woven heart block which I just love. I can’t wait to turn it into something for my studio. The colors are just perfect for it.

And lastly, she sent some scraps, a lovely stamped card, and some Kitchen Witch stickers which were a reward from the HP Craftalong, and nothing to do with this swap, but I just had to show them off.

Thank you Abbie! I love them all, and this package really made my day. :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

I am now itching to do a Halloween quilt! I love both of those blocks! The lighter one is actually the one I like the most, although, it is so great you do not have to choose!

The heart is indeed lovely… @Abbeeroad , who have embraced block making with a vengeance! Fantastic!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you like it all Jennie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oooh wonderful stuff!! Such cheerful colors too!

OK…I have to start this post with a picture of one of my favorite prints. I have it hanging in my guest room, right next to the bank of bookcases…there is something about flying birds that evoke freedom and creativity for me…the imagination soars…

So, you can see why I was excited to get this block from @Abbeeroad ! These birds felt the same way…I am going to have to keep this one to make something for myself…I am thinking a cushion for the reading chair would be the perfect thing…I love it so much!

Here is a close up of the fabulous work and fabric (well done!)…with a cute art card and a fun qulters’ magnet!

Thanks for a cheerful package!

5 Likes

I’m so glad you like it!! I know it didn’t come out very scrappy for the pattern name since I only chose 2 contrasting fabrics but when I saw that pattern in the quilt shop they whispered “Linda” to me and I couldn’t resist! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

@roler, I meant to tell you, the darkest teal, and the medium cream (ie not the tan stripe, and not the white with scribbles and text), are both Moda Grunge fabrics. Both easily findable if necessary to fill in any gaps in your quilt. I’m not sure what the lighter turquoise print is, but it was bought very recently at my local quilt shop. I’m sure it’s still available in stores, but if you have trouble finding it, and need to know what it is, I can stop by and find out the name from them. I have no idea what the white scribbles is, and it’s been in my stash a few years. The coral with the little leaves was from some no-name fat quarters my mom sent me a few years ago, so they would probably be untraceable. Hence sending so much extra of that color specifically.

2 Likes

I got my beautiful quilt block from @Abbeeroad! :slight_smile: Look!

LOVE the vibrant colors, and the fabrics work so great with that pattern! And look how well this goes with the one from @AIMR!

Maybe I should make a pair of decorative couch cushions to display as a set? :slight_smile: So pretty!

The package also included a cute quilting magnet (already up on my whiteboard over my desk).

Thank you so much!!

4 Likes