Quiltalong - 2022

Had to wait until daylight to take a picture but here’s the HST baby quilt!

I have another 20 HST that ended up being too small, I’m thinking of adding a white border and adding a pinwheel block in each corner.

13 Likes

I love the color progression, loose but clustered. It’s really happy and fun.

Or you could use the small HST to make a design on the back.

2 Likes

I like the idea but I’m not sure I love it with the intended backing fabric:

4 Likes

Ooh, I like the idea of those as border corners. They’ll be a fun addition to the quilt!

2 Likes

I agree, not loving those with the backing. But they will look lovely in the corners.

1 Like

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

2 Likes

I’m working on the back of my 15 Stars quilt today. It took a couple tries, but I finally tracked down enough of that cream Constitution fabric to finish the borders. Once I get the block sections sewn together, I can get everything measured, cut, and assembled. (There needs to be a border all around the center panel, and then around the whole thing.)

7 Likes

:open_mouth: That is one fancy backing!!

2 Likes

Thanks! I couldn’t help myself.

I have it mostly done…it just needs a border of that cream fabric to get it up to size. But, that can wait for another day.

6 Likes

It’s too dark to take a proper picture but I finished the rainbow baby quilt top! Finally. Once I changed my mind on who to give it to, it suddenly became much easier to finish.

3 Likes

Here it is:

On my bed because that’s the largest open space in the house while doing laundry. I hope to finish it this week.

10 Likes

So sweet!

1 Like

I love what you did with the extra HSTs! Such a pretty Spring quilt!

1 Like

Those pinwheels really add to the quilt top. Lovely and so fun.

1 Like

And to think they were actually accidents! Just HSTs that ended up too small. And because so many of them ended up too small, the whole quilt top ended up too small. The border is 7,5" wide, it’s a good size now but without to border it was too small.

1 Like

I really like the addition of the pinwheels! Great call on how to use those extra HSTs!

1 Like

Shoot! I knew we were in a new month, but I just realized I’ve forgotten to put up a new prompt. I will definitely get on that and add it today!

I will also choose a winner for the quarterly drawing. Please check this link to make sure I’ve noted all your entries, I will do the drawing on Thursday to give everyone time to check.

4 Likes

The back is finally done…now to clear up the Legos from the floor so I can lay it out.

I also cut the novelty fabrics for four economy quilts while I was procrastinating finishing the quilt back. Then, cut up the scraps from that into about a hundred 3.5" squares for my scrap quilt, and organized the rest of the crumbs/strips.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

-I marionberries submit this as my *** April BOM*** entry. It’s bright, but it fits into my Rainbow theme for this year’s BOM. But it says “May” to me, not April, so the May BOM will be switched for April in the quilt. Has anyone submitted a May BOM pattern?

-I marionberries offer Felix’s Quilt for my large personal finish. This is the final quilt from last year’s BOM and extra blocks. I really love how they turned out, so fun and cuddly. We are well stocked for cool nights on the porch.

And for fun, Oskar’s Quilt the other half of the blocks.

7 Likes