Quiltalong - 2022

I laid out the big squares without the sashing (little squares).

10 Likes

It’s wonderful.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s pretty wild to look at.

I just sorted all the sashing squares into piles, hoping to avoid repeating fabrics too close together. And, I realized that I had cut about 75 too many because my math was sloppy. :joy: Which is fine, because I was going to make a scrappy squares quilt out of the remainder of my not-quite-yardage stash anyway.

3 Likes

@AudiobookLover what a lovely collage. And thank you for reminding me I need to get on my Mother’s day card making.
And @tendstowardschaos , this quilt personifies your name beautifully! Wow, what a lot of work! The predominance of red and navy helps unify it. And the pinwheel blocks give a nice spinning anchor.

3 Likes

May Prompt
Start a new project:
I got started on my mom’s new light lap quilt. I raided her stash…she doesn’t sew anymore…and grabbed some bright tropical and flower-based prints. I’ve added some of my own stash plus some batiks. I’m working with 8" squares and will do a 4 x 5 or 6 square layout, or 20 to 24 finished blocks. I don’t want to get to fussy with the blocks, let the fabrics speak for themselves and so will just create them as I feel at the time. I’ve started with a couple of “blues”.

And more to come!

9 Likes

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

I have done a lot of quilting in the last few days. I made four, and gave them their own post here

They look very pretty all together. They are all going to their new home tomorrow.

11 Likes

These all look so soft and calming. Love the shirt fabrics.

1 Like

What a beautiful display!

1 Like

A few more added to mom’s quilt. I’m beginning to think I may blind her! I really, really don’t like the orange one. I made a mistake cutting the colors…redo time.

7 Likes

I like the orange one! Pops, it’s unique & beautiful

2 Likes

I like them all!

1 Like

I have all the borders on my quilt squares. I had to overlap them an inch or three to pin them all up, but you get the idea. I’m going to try to get them assembled this weekend.

7 Likes

I got the top all assembled! I’ll have to borrow my MIL’s living room floor to get this thing pinned, though. :crazy_face:

11 Likes

So awesome!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

-I marionberries submit this as my May entry.

Since I am trying to match to bright colors and the month, well I am one month ahead…so my May offering is a June theme…I couldn’t resist making the butterfly block a butterfly. Whimsical.

11 Likes

Haha…love it!

2 Likes

Holy moly that’s a lot of scraps! Congrats on getting the top assembled!
@marionberries, your colors are perfect for a June theme and the butterfly is so fun and cheery!

4 Likes

I am putting the binding on the wine glass collage I made for my mom. It called for a quarter inch finished binding (the original strips were cut at 1.25”). I worried that it would be difficult to work with such a thin binding and considered going a little bit bigger, but in the end, I decided to follow the quarter inch instructions. Note to self - I need to simply listen to my instincts in the future! This binding has been such a pain! But the good news is 1. I’m halfway finished binding the quilt, 2. I now know to never go the quarter inch route in the future (I think I’ve used a 1.5” strip before and didn’t run into issues, so I was thinking that is now the smallest I’ll go - but now I can’t remember for certain if that was the size I used :woman_facepalming:) and 3. Most importantly, it looks fairly decent!

What’s the thinnest binding you guys have used without issue?

4 Likes