Quiltalong - 2022

I am way behind! You’re not alone!

I was trying to find that awesome mountain block @marionberries did last year to nominate it for one of these months…just because I want to try it! All I can find is this one…

3 Likes

Great job jumping back in @Abbeeroad! And the mountain block is lovely. Could be a mountain, but could also just be an interesting chevron shape. Would fit lots of styles of BOM quilts.

3 Likes

My husband gave me ‘the day off’, for Mother’s Day, so I’m using it to catch up on BOM’s.

-I MistressJennie submit this as my LATE April BOM entry.

I made the Rocky Mountain Puzzle block to go with my Halloween quilt blocks, and fussy cut the center block. I told DH that if he was giving me the day off, I was actually taking it. I refuse to feel guilty about not doing the dishes, or making the bed. I’m ordering pizza for dinner, so I can keep playing in my room for the afternoon, with just a few breaks for pumping. Now I’m going to work on March or May’s BOM…

11 Likes

So glad you are caring for yourself…yes, you deserve time for yourself…what a lovely block!

3 Likes

Thats because I designed it, but I’ll look it up on my files and see if I can post it. It’s just hst and an appliqued sun/moon.

And @MistressJennie your April block is lovely.

10 Likes

-I, MistressJennie** submit this as my LATE March BOM entry.

11 Likes

@marionberries, do you happen to have a link to the block you made of the cat with pumpkin? I think I might need to add that to my Halloween stack at some point. :jack_o_lantern: :cat2: :black_heart:

3 Likes

Sorry another one of my designs…again it is mostly hst.

8 Likes

Yes! That’s the one! I can prob reverse engineer that… :thinking:

Awesome blocks @MistressJennie! And woohoo for crafting time!!

3 Likes

Awesome! I can totally make that from the picture. Thank you!

3 Likes

I love this! It’s beautifully done.

1 Like

I also did Oskar for December,

And Felix had a few vines added to the pumpkin.

7 Likes

I started playing with this month’s BOM, but I wasn’t happy with any of the fabric combinations for either my Rainbow & Black or my Halloween quilt. I did realize that I could use one of my Economy blocks from last year as the center of the Butterfly Block, so I might play around with that when I can get back into my studio.

5 Likes

I haven’t been very actice on LC in general lately and I have let all your wonderful projects go unlooked at for far too long. You all really have been making such beautiful things! I loved seeing the amazing scrappy projects, the BOM, the prompts (I love the “start a new project” prompt"), the beautiful long arm quilting, the bee and wine glass quilts, so many wonderful things.

I think I “liked” every comment I’d let pile up unread (I do feel sad I’ve been neglectful), and it really lifted my sewing spirits to see all these amazing projects.

School is almost out. My dh’s work after all this time is starting a back to office plan starting in July. He will be in office 2 days a week. Since his office at home is the living room, this will give us more time to “be noisy.” Since I sew at the dining room table, and we’ve been too busy for me to take it out and put it away, hopefully in a month or so I can find some sewing mojo after a good year (yikes!).

9 Likes

Dug through my stash of 2.5” square scraps to find pieces for a cat and pumpkin block…

7 Likes

-I MistressJennie offer my Black Cat & Pumpkin Block for my small challenge entry

@marionberries, thank you for reposting the picture! It was easy peasy to recreate your block with my scraps. Since the whole background area was going to be the same fabric, I did it in 2 larger chunks rather than all 2.5" squares but other than that, I just copied what you had done. I love how cute it came out!

11 Likes

It is cute and love how you had these already to go!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to cut down scraps to 5” strips, 5” squares, 2.5” strips, and 2.5” squares right away (assuming the pieces aren’t big enough to cut larger stuff from), so there’s less clutter in my stash. I often use the 2.5” squares as leaders and enders, so I have a large stack of those just waiting to become a Jewel Box Quilt .

5 Likes

Wow, that is wonderful. I love it! The fabrics are perfect. Black cats and pumkins, how can you go wrong?

2 Likes

I regularly cut my scraps into 5" squares, 3.5", and 2.5". I find these sizes fit together mathematically …I have them stored in color order in cookie tins. Never occurred to me to use them up like this…I was saving them for a someday quilt since they are from every piece of fabric I ever had!

3 Likes