Quiltalong - 2022

It looks great! Good luck with your appointment!!!

2 Likes

Good luck Linda!

1 Like

I, Abbeeroad submit my late May BOM

So close to not being late!

9 Likes

I love the colors you all use, often combinations I would never think of. And then magic happens!

1 Like

Surely it is May 31 somewhere in this universe… :innocent:

Love your new graphic fabrics…interesting patterns!

3 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

YouTube suggested this video to me today, and I watched over breakfast. A nice simple, scrap busting block, that uses up 2.5" squares. It made me think that it might be fun as the basis of a Swap. We could all destash some of the scraps that we have a bit too much of, or we aren’t inspired by right now, and get some fresh scraps in return. The shipping cost would be just the price of a stamp, per swap partner, meaning we could do small groups of 2-5 people, and still keep the shipping to around $1-3 for domestic, with an international stamp being an extra .80.

I sent some squares to @Abbeeroad at Christmas, and I was surprised how many I could fit into a greeting card, and still keep it under 1 ounce. So, anyone interested in a small scrap swap?

6 Likes

I mean, obviously!

2 Likes

I need to clear out my scrap bin…I won’t cut up anything until I know if we are doing this swap…if anything, I would be happy to just ship out scraps to anyone who wants them…it is always nice to have a variety to keep things interesting!

4 Likes

I’d be up for that!

2 Likes

I will be out of town all summer long, so I won’t be able to participate, which is really too bad since it would be perfect for this rainbow modern postage stamp quilt that I’d love to make! I’d definitely follow along with the swap thread though! I would also love to see what people eventually make with all their tiny fabric pieces!

3 Likes

That’s a lovely little scrap quilt!

1 Like

yes! and yes (I needed 5 characters!)

5 Likes

Ok, working on setting up this swap!

But I have a terribly important question… What should we call it? Mini Charm Square Scrap Fabric Swap is accurate, but does not exactly flow off the tongue.

1 Like

I have no suggestions…but I do have a question to pose, not swap related…

I know we have had this discussion but I can’t find it. For those of you who use leaders and enders…what do you find is the best size to use? I am finding that I am using a lot of scraps to start my sewing, especially with finickly points, so I might as well get some scrappy blocks made in the process! Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t always use leaders and enders, but when I do, I use 2.5" squares. Since I already cut some of my scraps to that size, I always have some around. And since I’ve been working on a black + rainbow quilt, I always have some plain black scraps, so I cut those to 2.5" as well. So I keep a stack of random color 2.5" squares and a stack of black 2.5" squares beside the sewing machine. Whenever I need a leader/ender, I grab one of each, and then add them to my finished stack.

I’m hoping to use them to make a Jewel Box quilt eventually, but I’m sure there are other patterns I could use black + color with.

5 Likes

Scrappy Mail?

It’s a cute name, but I’m afraid of confusing the Happy Mail lovers out there. Or getting their hopes up, only to find it’s a fabric scrap swap.

Also, I’m thinking a week of signups (today through 6/10), and then two weeks to send, on June 25. Any objections, concerns, or requests?

3 Likes

Fabric Scrap Squares Swap?
Scrappy Fabric Squares Swap?
Swap of the Scrappy Squares?
Charming scrap squares Swap?
Color Me Scrappy- 2.5" Fabric Squares Swap

I’ll go back to lurking now… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks! I thought 2.5 was a good size. I am just going to do random patterns as I don’t think I will make them into a quilt…I always like to use scrappy pieces in other projects.

3 Likes

@AntBee I like Color me Scrappy-2.5" Charms swap and Charming Scrap Squares Swap. Fun.

My mom’s lap quilt is coming along. I’ve ripped and resewn three blocks now because I didn’t like two of them and the third with an economy square in the center was not square! The center block was a 1/2 inch off and I didn’t even notice until I put the whole thing together. How did that happen? I even squared up the squares. It’s the one with the kitty and I guess the purring got to me. It’s fixed now.
I am Wemblying on the border sashing and binding.

11 Likes