Quiltalong - 2022

It looks awesome! Did you do the paper piecing? I skipped that by just doing 2 sets of regular flying geese because I find paper piecing them to be annoyingly overkill.

2 Likes

I did the paper piecing. Of course I did it the hard way lol.

1 Like

I just love how that block is so versatile with just a change of color! It turned out wonderful!

Ever since I discovered freezer paper piecing, I don’t mind it at all. I do like the extra pop of color in the pieced one but will do the flying geese as well.

1 Like

It’s wonderful with the dark and light. It is dun to see how we interpret and mix for so many different looks.

2 Likes

I, Abbeeroad submit my late April BOM

My HSTs were oriented wrong for the top and bottom rows so I had to pick and restitch. Wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t have to pick out at least one seam while piecing! :laughing:

I might just catch up this weekend!

12 Likes

I am loving your bold contrasts!

I join you in the pickers’ club… :rofl:

3 Likes

This block in particular really pops with the dark colors on top of the lighter one!

1 Like

Oooo pretty

I, AIMR, submit this LATE April BOM. I am caught up and ready to tackle June a bit early! The colors are a bit off as I used the weird light in the spare room instead of a more natural light. It goes well with the other batik blocks…I just hope I have enough to get me through the year!

I was also able to cobble together some more blocks from last year. I need to add borders and then actually finish it. I hope to send it to my nephew by the end of the summer. He and his wife had a baby girl!

12 Likes

Yay for catching up!! :tada:

Congrats to your nephew! What a perfect quilt top you just threw together! :magic_wand:

What a fun quilt top and a way to use up those quilt tops!

1 Like

-I MistressJennie submit this as my May BOM entry.

Just made it by the skin of my teeth! I realized the center component of the block was the same size as one of the Economy Blocks from last year, so I used that instead, giving me an extra square-within-a-square.

10 Likes

I am very impressed! The inset is perfect! This block will be another fabulous addition to your Halloween quilt!

1 Like

I love it!!

Great block!

I liked the Royal Star Block so much that I decided to make one for the WW quilt. I might make another using the way @abeeroad did hers…so many different looks can be done with all of these block patterns. So fun to see everyone’s take!

8 Likes

That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

@MistressJennie the economy block and the colors make this a real heirloom block. It is beautiful.

@AIMR The bright red and dark starry fabrics give me the fireworks feel. Or just plain exuberance! Wonderful.

1 Like

@MistressJennie - Your colors coordinate so well! I really like your use of the economy block for the center, it works perfectly!

@AIMR - your block looks so bright and fun!

2 Likes

Managed to finish the quilt top. Scrounging thru my stash to see what I can use for the backing. I am going to put it aside for a bit to clean my craft room and get in some art journal pages. I am feeling really anxious as my one year check up on my hip replacement is coming up…I know I have done everything I should, but, I still feel like I am not 100%. I hope good news is in store so I can move on.

10 Likes