Quiltalong - 2022

That’s a great star block!

I’m slowly working on a wall quilt made from the scraps of Ada’s baby quilt. It will be a thank you gift for our fertility doctor. It’s a simple Carpenter’s Wheel, made of 3” HST’s.

16 Likes

That is super gorgeous already, wow!

It’s beautiful. I love how the rainbow flows through the star.

1 Like

I love the Carpenter’s Wheel design. And this one is going to be beautiful!

1 Like

What a wonderful gift! It is spectacular…little shining stars of joy and hope!

1 Like

I’m in love!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love the rainbow color palette as well as the fact that it’s made with the scraps of little Ada’s quilt!

3 Likes

I, Abbeeroad, submit my June BOM NOT late (officially)!

Not my finest work but it was still fun!

12 Likes

Nice use of values! The block really has depth.

2 Likes

It is striking!

2 Likes

You’ve been creating blocks with such bold colors. I’m looking forward to seeing them all together!

2 Likes

That reminds me of the Death Star from Star Wars!

3 Likes

Abbie, that block is stunning!

2 Likes

This is striking. And beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks guys! :blush: That one corner bottom right taunts me but you all are making me feel better about it, lol.

Ok this might be the best compliment ever lol.

4 Likes

-I MistressJennie submit this as my current June BOM entry.

Another one for the Halloween quilt pile! I’m proud of managing to get this one done in little bits at a time, usually during Ada’s naps. Spending 20 minutes cutting pieces one day, 15 minutes making HST’s the next morning, turning some of the HST’s into QST’s in the afternoon, etc. All in all, I think it took 4 days to put together. Nothing like my usual speed, but satisfying none the less.

Also fun fact: The black fabric with the pumpkins was actually from a bandana that my dog came home wearing from the groomer’s last fall. They are usually always quilting cottons, with pinked edges, and I’ve had them all stashed in her drawer of dog stuff, but decided to see if I could use some of them up in various ways. Many are dog-themed prints, bones, paw prints, etc, that I have no idea what I’ll do with. But some are things like girly dinosaurs, or dinosaur/tacos wearing sombreros. (My groomer loved that we were calling Ada Godzilla while pregnant, so she kept finding dinosaur kerchiefs to use.) Now I just wish I could find some more of it, because it’s a pretty cute fabric.

7 Likes

Maybe you could use the doggy prints to make Astrid a bed in the kitchen. She made it very clear that she needs one. :laughing:

3 Likes

(snort laugh from off camera)

1 Like

Love that you are squeezing crafting into the nooks and crannies of your life! I always think of the motivational exercise phrases when it comes to maintaining hobbies during parenthood - modify if you have to, but don’t you quit! Go you!

3 Likes