Quiltalong - 2022

How is little Ada doing?
And how are you doing as a new mom?

1 Like

Love the story on the fabric! Maybe you could piece all of the doggie fabrics to make a kennel liner to keep or donate!

I find it amazing that busy moms have any time at all except to try to get some sleep! I guess you adapt, but really, anything you get done is amazing!!!

1 Like

Ada is doing well, growing so fast! I’m finally settling into a rhythm (most of the time). Back to swimming laps at the gym, which has daycare for her while I’m there. So the 3 hours a week I’m there is good for self care, and for getting out of the house a bit. And the squeezing in little bits of craft time during 15 or 20 minute chunks during her naps has gone a long way towards helping my sanity. Helping me feel like a real person again.

Here she is to say hello!

14 Likes

I’m not a baby person but THOSE CHEEKS! She’s too stinking adorable!

3 Likes

Oh my, look at her sweet little face! hi!
Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself too, which is important.
A baby is so much work. But you get a lot in return too.

3 Likes

Aww sweet girl, you are so loved baby Ada.

2 Likes

So sweet!

1 Like

What a cutie pie!

1 Like

What a little sweetheart! I’m glad that you’re able to take some time for yourself in the midst of caring for your beautiful baby girl. I love seeing your various Halloween blocks and it’s neat that you incorporated the bandana into this one!

1 Like

Oooohhh! Joann’s has the pumpkin fabric!

https://www.joann.com/tossed-jack-o-lantern-halloween-cotton-fabric/16662116.html?

2 Likes

I usually don’t comment on new babies…but truly, she is a adorable…and good to know that you are taking your well being and happiness in consideration! Children can sense that!

2 Likes

I am seeing a bot warning! What odd begaviour have you been up to @MistressJennie? Are you buying 15 bolts of pumpkins or something?

4 Likes

Lol. When I saw that I clicked through to see what was up. Joann’s website made me prove I was human for the crime of sharing a link.

Also, I discovered that they are sold out of the pumpkin print. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

You know you have a fabric obsession when even Joann’s says, “Hey, this isn’t normal.” Hahahah!

4 Likes

The kiddo is napping, and I finished my chores today, so I snuck into my studio to trim the HST’s for my Carpenter’s Wheel. 48 blocks all squared up! Now I might be able to cut the 16 background squares and start piecing before she wakes up. (That’s if the dog doesn’t wake her by running in the bedroom to loudly chew her bone.)

4 Likes

She napped! I got the rows put together.

12 Likes

That is stunning. Stunning!

1 Like

Oh no! :worried:

That is so gorgeous!

Jim had to run an errand on that side of town, so I made a stop at Joann’s to add a few bits to my Halloween fabric stash. None of the pumpkins I was looking for, but plenty of fun stuff.

9 Likes