Quiltalong - 2022

This won’t work for those mini charm squares but is a real stash buster. I love how the pattern makes sense out of all those multi-hued squares.

4 Likes

I recently mentioned that I’m out of state visiting my family. Well, I’m super excited because they’re not too far away from “Quilt Town, USA!” It is the home of Missouri Star Quilt Company and features a Main Street filled with twelve different themed quilt shops!

My mom, LittleBookLover, and I just arrived at our hotel room a little bit ago and I’m really looking forward to heading into town and checking out the shops tomorrow!

6 Likes

I love Jenny and the Missouri Star Quilt Company videos! Have fun!

4 Likes

Wow, 12 different quilt shops!? So awesome! Enjoy!

1 Like

Picked up a book from the thrift store in the town near our campsite Scrap Quilt Sensation by Katharine Guerrier. It really is fabulous, a few incredible star block quilts for you celestial gals.
Galaxy of Stars

Dark Stars

And OMG this one, Sampler Quilt. Wow!

This Jacob’s ladder is my fave though. I can make it from stash too, because it’s based on light & dark values rather than repeating fabrics.

8 Likes

Thanks for showing pictures of the inside of that book! It’s only my wishlist, it’s good to see it’s indeed as awesome as it looked like online.

1 Like

Excellent block instuctions, highly recommend!

1 Like

I was working on my July block last night and started sewing together the final blocks…wrong! So I turned off the machine and called my mom for a nice long chat. Sometimes you just shouldn’t be near a sewing machine!

9 Likes

Lol…at least I know I’m not alone. It’s going to be awesome when it’s done!

2 Likes

The top corner square was the only one sewn on correctly…and that’s the one I decided to seam rip first. I really needed my call to mom then. I’m not sure I like the red dot anyway, maybe a darker magenta.

2 Likes

Managed to finish cutting my Cups & Saucers Block while Ada napped this afternoon. I spent wayyyy too long fussy cutting the center square, only to realize later that I cut it going the wrong way, and it should have been on the diagonal, rather than centered. Fortunately it was much easier to cut a second time around with some disappearing marking pens and the first square as a template. Hope to get it pieced tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’ve put my mom’s lap quilt on hold…it’s summer and so many gardening and house projects and trips and such.

But it’s a good thing, she wants it longer, but no wider than the one she has (and doesn’t like), but I lost the dimensions. She called last night with the size 36" wide. I’m at 34" right now so I think I can fudge out with the binding close to that. She is so funny, it must be exact, but 35 or 36 is ok.

11 Likes

D’oh! I was right about the fussy cut square the first time!

Good thing I still have the first one I cut, and I have some extra 2.5” squares in black to snowball the corners. So close…

7 Likes

-I MistressJennie submit this as my current July BOM entry.

11 Likes

I love it!!

1 Like

It’s stunning! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I love it! And the fussy cut is perfect. the orange and fuchsia really pop.

1 Like

Early on in the pandemic, I used the same grey fabric on a mask for my dad, and again fussy cut, so that the moth with eyes would be right over the bridge of his nose. LOL.

My family were a little iffy on my choices, and wondered why I was using my stash, rather than going out to buy them brand new (boring) fabrics to make seriously well made masks from. During a pandemic. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

-I marionberries submit this as my July entry.

Had some hiccups along the way (why don’t flying geese like me?) But I like the end result. Reminds me of the night sky when camping.

And would any one like to swap for this one? It was my June entry, but it just didn’t work with the theme of the quult I am planning. And I am not a fan of red white and blue in my decor

7 Likes

Yes!!! Love!