Quiltalong - 2022

I bet @AIMR would be interested for her Wounded Warrior quilts.

2 Likes

:wave:

Whatcha want in exchange, pal!

1 Like

That’s why we have this family… where we don’t get asked such questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you all for your patience regarding the second quarter drawing. Congratulations to our winner - Ms. @Abbeeroad! :tada: :tada:

Abbie has been an absolute block star this quarter completing a total of SIX different BOMs! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Ah! Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now I need to keep the momentum going!! Love the inspiration here! :heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations Abbee!

1 Like

woo hoo! Love that you are also using your little blocks to make things!

1 Like

Hey all you star lovers! Scored a stack of old quilting mags on our trip this weekend, so much lovely inspiration.
Woo, gorgEous! Moon Glow by Jinny Beyer:

Ohio star block variations:

6 Likes

Happy August, everyone! I know I haven’t been around much lately. But, after a very busy summer, things are starting to wind down. I’m looking forward to telling you all about my trip to Quilt Town, USA once I have a little bit of time (spoiler alert - it was wonderful!)!

This month we have an easy prompt, designed to remind you of the projects you were excited about and hopefully inspire you to work on them!

August Prompt
Get inspired!
Share pictures of your stash (fabric, patterns, notions - feel free to share it all!) along with some info on what you had planned for it!

4 Likes

I’m currently not at home, so my pics are limited to what I have on my phone, but these are some of the projects I have in my stash:

This is the very first quilt I started working on. I ordered a layer cake of this fun gnome fabric after using one of the prints to make my son a pillowcase. I loved seeing him point to different fun scenes on the pillowcase and decided to make him an entire quilt utilizing the fabric line. Once I got the layer cake, I had a hard time finding a pattern that I liked. I wanted to use large-ish squares of the gnome fabric, so I ended up using some quilt software (Electric Quilt 8) to make up my own pattern. I made a LOT of mistakes while piecing this quilt together, but I also learned a lot as a result! I just need to add some outer borders to the top (not shown on the pattern since they are the result of a sizing error I made), then sandwich, quilt, and bind. I really want to finish this quilt, but it seems like something else is always needing to be done before I can get back to this.

I plan on making this basket to hold all my scissors. I have everything I need to make it, right down to the leather straps. I need to start sewing the squares together with the leaders and enders method!

A variety of kits (the first one is the one I’m most excited to make):

So much to sew, so little time.

6 Likes

So many beautiful patterns! I love that one you pointed out as being excited to make too. And the ombre Lattice uses the same fabrics I used in Ada’s baby quilt. I love how they made use of color changes.

2 Likes

I love that ombre lattice pattern, both the actual layout and the colours are cool.

I have so. many. quilts. in idea form or half cut out/made. I also found some QAYG blocks already madeup in my gran’s ‘craft store’, so I need to work out what to do with those.

2 Likes

Me too! It can be hard to find patterns that do true justice to the ombre fabrics!

It seems like there just isn’t enough time in the day to finish (or sometimes even start) all the quilts! I’d love to see the QAYG blocks if you get a chance to share pics.

2 Likes

I have updated the BOMs to include the folded corners block that @MistressJennie nominated a little while back. I missed it when it was first posted, but ended up coming across it when looking through some of the posts.

That gives us a total of nine blocks, leaving October, November, and December open for nominations.

2 Likes

I nominated the blazing arrows block as well…maybe November?

4 Likes

Yes! I like that block and remember you nominating it. I didn’t realize that I never added it, thank you for the reminder! It has now been added as the November BOM.

2 Likes

I’ve finally gotten back to some piecing, just simple no brainer stuff, a few more economy blocks for the quily for the hypothetical grandchild.

6 Likes

@Edel, what size were you looking for squares of? 4"?

Yes 4" they will be the central square. But I think you’ve rather got your hands full at the moment!

We’re trying to train Ada to sleep in her own room (so far she’s been in a bassinet in our room), by putting her down to nap in there. She likes to wake up yelling every 10-20 minutes, so I’ve been staying close by to return her pacifier or restart her mobile. Since my studio is next to her room I took a peek through my stash today for items with a strong image. As I thought, I don’t have much that fits the bill, put did put those few aside so I can cut some for you during tomorrow’s nap-shenanigans.

3 Likes