Quiltalong - 2023

YouTube just recommended this video to me. I haven’t watched the whole thing, but I laughed, because the still image seemed like both @Magpie’s greatest temptation (ultra scrappy crumbs), and worst nemesis (flying geese/triangles). :laughing:

11 Likes

Ack, nnnooooo!!!

6 Likes

The latest issue of Country Living magazine has a nice Quilt article.

6 Likes

I love those circle blocks! What an easy way to show off a nice collection of fabrics.

4 Likes

I now have 60 boat bases, 60 masts, and 60 sails. Tomorrow they get assembled into blocks.

12 Likes

I marionberries , offer Scrappy baby quilt for my medium personal finish.

I discovered a tray of trimmings from 5 baby quilts and some other kids items fron the last 7 years. I quickly stitched them up into 8.5 inch blocks. I had to purchase the sashing, backing and binding fabrics, but I did have enough batting…barely.

Here’s the post.

8 Likes

Wow @MistressJennie, that is going to be beautiful!

Super cute scrappiness @marionberries, I like all the sweet animals for little ones to look at.

5 Likes

Good use of scraps! Lots of pattern and color…perfect for a baby quilt!

@MistressJennie … I can barely contain my tears imagining a person once wearing those clothes…it is going to be a lovely tribute.

4 Likes

@MistressJennie, the sailboats are such a great way to showcase the different fabrics! I love that Jake’s family will be able to wrap themselves up in literal memories of him :heart:.

@marionberries, what a great way to use up those fabric scraps!

@Magpie, I just added pics of my new basket and it reminded me that you should definitely submit your flying geese as a personal finish. You put a lot of work into them! Maybe the scrappy ones that MistressJennie posted would be easier to complete since they use triangle paper… Plus, imagine how amazing they would look once completed and used in a project :heart_eyes:.

3 Likes

I’ve finally posted my bee collage quilt!

4 Likes

I tried the jackknife block for this cushion cover.

Try as I might (stitch ripped & resewn 3 times) I couldn’t get this one corner perfect.

Oh well, still pretty good for a first try, right? Right.

10 Likes

I love the colors and the quote. Very striking and fun.

2 Likes

Psh! Don’t look to closely at any of my corners! :see_no_evil: That cover is perfection.

4 Likes

It’s so beautifully sewn - and it lives in my house now! You guys should see the piping too, it’s impeccable!

2 Likes

I always wonder at our need to point out our imperfections…I do it too. We ahould just smile and say thank you to all the compliments that come our way. Hmmm I nwill practice that.

It’s a brautiful peice of work.

4 Likes

Usually I love raggedy scrappy organic work but when I am really trying for accuracy it’s frustrating not to attain it. I had tough teachers, things had to be perfect. It’s been many years since school though, I’ve relaxed some I guess.

2 Likes

My parents-in-law have an anniversary coming up, and I finally started on their quilty gift.

I’m using my prize from the quilt-along!

9 Likes

Beautiful color scheme!

2 Likes

It really is a gorgeous line - blues, browns, sage green, ivory. Lots of classic, traditional prints - florals, plaids, dots, etc. I’m using a white on ivory print for the sashing, border, and binding, and a navy/white gingham for the backing.

3 Likes

I am so glad to see you’re getting use out of that prize! Every time I send actual prizes as opposed to gift cards, I worry the receiver is going to feel like I’ve just added more to their donate pile.

3 Likes