Quiltalong - 2023

Final block is done! Aztec Jewel, with colors determined by what scraps I had left.

14 Likes

Ooh, this one is super nice!

1 Like

I think all your color and pattern choices are fabulous. You skillfully utilized the scrappiest bits. Well done!

3 Likes

This is beautiful! Such lovely sewing, and the universe did a great job on the colour choices :smile_cat:

And yay for using all the fabric!

4 Likes

At this point I usually ask myself what was I thinking & the UFO pile grows.

I’m not giving up quite yet though, powering on.

12 Likes

Oooh! I love these prints! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t stop, @Magpie! That pile is full of awesome!

The quilt is going to be gorgeous, @MistressJennie!

I added the border to the anniversary quilt.

14 Likes

This looks really nice! It looks like a perfect anniversary gift. I like how the colour palette is calm and neutral but the individual prints are still very interesting. And your blocks line up perfectly!! This block looks very simple, but I think it’s probably quite challenging - you can’t get away with piecing that’s a bit wonky.

3 Likes

Have you seen the incredibly complicated looking quilts that incorporate snailtrail blocks with other stuff? Amazeballs.

1 Like

Those are amazing!!

2 Likes

I started sewing this together…after lot’s of rearrangement. But I don’t like it. I was avoiding window pane-ing everything to set each block off, but I think I may have to do that to keep me sane. It’s just too busy for my minor ADHD. And I need to pull some blocks out and add a few more. There is no lack of scraps in my life.

2 Likes

Thank you! It really isn’t as perfect as it may look in that picture - not all my seams line up perfectly. I pressed the seams so that they nest together, but the construction was quick and dirty (I didn’t square up anything, and only pinned when I had to).

2 Likes

I vacuumed my floor to cut the backing, so I snapped a better picture of the quilt top (the gingham is the backing, not another border).

Does gingham make anyone else’s eyes go a little squirrelly? I love it, but it’s like visual static when I lay it out flat. :person_shrugging:

13 Likes

It is such a beautiful gift! The colors are really nice together!

I also like the backing fabric, but, yeah, any check or plaid makes my eyes go squirrelly! I have a huge roll of brown and white gingham that I love, but I am not sure what projects I will do. Never thought about quilt backing because I know I would get a bit overwhelmed with trying to sew it straight and all.

3 Likes

It’s absolutely lovely!! I really like the gingham too :grinning:

2 Likes

I pieced together all of the small scraps from making my blocks. (This doesn’t include the medium and large scraps, or the 2.5” squares. Just the small pieces.)

I have absolutely no idea what to do with them, and don’t particularly like them…. but I have them… :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Awesomesauce! @Abbeeroad will agree, I’m sure. Scrappy-tastic.

2 Likes

This might be a dumb question, but could you stitch them all into one fabric panel and then recut them into blocks or bunting triangles or something? Like using a masterboard?

5 Likes

That’s a great idea.

2 Likes

YES! Fantastic!!!

1 Like