Quiltalong - 2023

Lots of quilters feel that way. Some people love the cutting or the piecing, others hate it them. Like what you like dear, because you can always send it out for longarm quilting. Or you can hand quilt it, or do ties.

3 Likes

I got the quilt pinned the other day - it’s small, so that went super-fast. I had to clean the lint out of my machine, and I started quilting today. It’s about two-thirds done, but it’s time to call it a night.

13 Likes

Yay! I knew you all were my people.

2 Likes

Beautiful quilting!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Thanks! I love quilting paisley (and paisley adjacent) designs. It has a nice rhythm.

2 Likes

@tendstowardschaos This quilt is just getting better and better. Love it.

I marionberries submit my June BOM entry. I was avoiding finishing another project so made this BOM. It was easy and fun. And for once my flying gees came out good. I’ve been trying to be more exact. Spray starch has helped even though I really don’t like to use it.

And my scrappy quilt is about full enough to assemble. I’ll add bits as needed to make it work. It’s driving me crazy, so busy, but it is what it is. It’s not boring!

14 Likes

It’s lovely and definitely not boring!

1 Like

Such great blocks!

1 Like

This is the most wild and wonderful quilt!

1 Like

The quilting is done! I was hoping to finish it tomorrow so I can wash it and give it to my in-laws this weekend.

11 Likes

Stunning! What an amazing gift. I’m sure they’ll love it.

3 Likes

These variety of color and form is stunning! Love it!

1 Like

Beautiful finish! This looks like a classic piece that’ll be in the family for a long time.

2 Likes

It looks awesome! Random question: Was your background and border fabric from Joann’s? I think it’s the same one I’m using in my sailboat memory quilt.

3 Likes

Yes, and it’s the same. It really is a nice, goes with any version of white, fabric.

3 Likes

I, tendstowardschaos, offer my Lattice Anniversary Throw Quilt as my medium personal finish for the second quarter.

15 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! You did such a lovely job with this, I feel inspired :grinning:

3 Likes

Stunning job my friend!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like