Quiltalong - 2024

Yes…it is fiddly…there are a lot of different sizes and shapes so not boring, but if you aren’t accurate, it is not going to fit together nicely…I think it is quite high for what you get.

3 Likes

Did you finish it? I’d love to see a photo. I’m in two minds about buying the pattern, it’s a lot, plus of course delivery and likely customs charges :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

There are about 26 different blocks and multiples of those…some of the blocks are about 4" square and some are 10" square. I can see why there were some bad reviews because it is not a beginner quilt at all. Lots of triangles, pinwheels, etc. Most of the instructions are in diagrams.

It definitely is a scrap busting quilt. I was using up a lot of my Kaffe Fasset fabrics. The strips are what I have left to do…lots and lots of strips…There are also lots of little filler pieces.

You do have to be organized…I have notes and have pinned all the pieces together so I know what is what to put it together.

I snapped a couple of quick pics for you of some of the blocks I have done…

Wild, aren’t they? I bought a ton of black and white stripes to do binding.

8 Likes

They are really pretty. It’ll be fabulous when it’s done

3 Likes

I was looking over the pattern again…it is more like a workbook. 30 pages total.You can check off the pieces you cut. A lot of the bigger blocks are just done once. When I look at the ones completed on Pinterest, I want to make them all…the more calmer monochromatic ones are gorgeous as well…I hope I can make this a goal to finish this year…

4 Likes

I found the pattern on this Australian site. Price-wise, it’s cheaper than any of the other sites and even with shipping added, it just increased the price to what everyone else is charging for the pattern alone. I checked shipping to Ireland and it seems to still be decently priced. Oh, also one of the reviews mentions that there are various blogs written about this pattern, which help to augment the instructions, which sounds pretty helpful!

7 Likes

I decided to use some of the scraps from the Lemonade quilt to make an extra item before I have to mail it out on Wednesday. I got about 70% done during lunch today. Should be able to finish and pack everything up tomorrow during nap time!

5 Likes

The blogs were very helpful with additional graphs and tips. That is a good price. I recall paying about $28 or so for the pattern.

4 Likes

Thank you sweetie. I appreciate that. X

4 Likes

I cleaned and organized my craft room, and I am ready to work! I got a new kitchen table around Easter, so the round table is gone, and it is much easier to use my cutting board. I cut a bunch of squares on Saturday, and I am excited to start my second quilt.
My first one was done over ten years ago, and I called it my “one and only” quilt. It will have to get renamed.

10 Likes

@AudiobookLover, you’re the best. You know that, right? You’re amazing.

5 Likes

Seconding that about a million times

4 Likes

I just looked up the Wanderer’s Wife quilt. That is beautifully insane!

4 Likes

Thank you, @MistressJennie and @Edel. I do know that I’m the best, but it’s nice to be acknowledged :grin:.

Lol, I hope everyone takes that in the joking manner it is intended :smile:. Seriously though, thank you both. I really appreciate the kind words!

Jennie, I can’t wait to see what surprise you’re sewing up to go along with the lemonade quilt!!

@gozer - 1. I am jealous of your clean and organized craft room. I use the kitchen table for crafting and it is pretty much the first thing you see when walking into our house. Let’s just say, it’s a good thing we don’t get many visitors (or maybe, it’s a bad thing since visitors would force me to clean it up!). 2. I am looking forward to seeing your quilt as well as your progress as you make it!

I received an email this morning that featured this stamp quilt. I love this quilt! It’s perfect for showcasing fun fabrics and it has my wheels spinning as I conjure up all kind of fun ideas and contemplate joining the Stamp Quilt Sew Along that starts this June. If only I didn’t already have about a hundred other projects that I want to do…

5 Likes

That sew along looks amazing!

1 Like

If you’re looking inside the EU, it’s €30-ish + shipping in the local quilt shops here. It’s a lot but at least you won’t have to pay additional customs duties. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could find it used though, it’s expensive and it seems like a lot of people give up eventually.

1 Like

I’ve gently suggested that my husband buy it for me as a birthday present, from the Australian seller that @AudiobookLover found. His daughter lives there and she’s coming home for a visit in August, so she could bring it with her to save up to 25e in shipping+customs. Plus of course it would take me months and months to even start the thing, so August is plenty of time!.

We’ll see if he takes the hint. Although it wasn’t so much a hint than an, ‘i would like this please’

7 Likes

I mvanrh11, submit this as my Small 2nd quarter challenge entry

I used an old bed sheet for the lining and I also used an old curtain for the front- based on this video

Also thank you to @AudiobookLover for my Q1 raffle win- I used it to purchased- It should be coming next week I am excited to start going through all the blocks!

This may be an odd suggestion @Edel but you could check local libraries sometimes they have quilting books and maybe you can even suggest it as book that they buy!

10 Likes

I just had to pop in and say - I love that scrappy bucket!!

3 Likes

What a cool idea - your one turned out cute!

2 Likes