Quilted diaper bag

My dear friend asked if I could make a diaper bag for her. I told her I would try even though I’ve never made one. Didn’t have a pattern and decided to wing it lol.

Here is my (attempt at) FMQ (I’m just learning to quilt so it’s not great :melting_face:) diaper bag.

18 Likes

Looks like a good size for a diaper bag, and the side pockets would be very useful. Can’t believe you just whipped it up with no pattern!

4 Likes

I love that dinosaur fabric! Your quilting looks great to me! Lucky friend!

2 Likes

Super cute!

3 Likes

It’s lovely and perfect. Quilting Tip: People are totally gobsmacked by quilted and handmade items, never tell them it’s not perfect. :rofl: They will never notice.
And you did a beautiful job.

4 Likes

It’s fantastic! I would have never guessed you were new to quilting or that you didn’t have a pattern!

3 Likes

So cute!

3 Likes

Super cute!

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful diaper bag! Like so many others have said, I wouldn’t have known you’re new to quilting. I also like the side pockets; they can come in handy for a water bottle or for quick access to wet wipes and so many other uses. I bet your friend will love it!

2 Likes

@TheMistressT
@LindyBlues
@endymion
@gozer
@Abbeeroad
@MistressJennie
@Animegirlie
@marionberries

Thank you everyone!! :blush: this bag took me a few days because I didn’t know what I was doing lol! But I really appreciate everyone saying nice things about it.

I also enjoyed making the side pockets. I don’t know if you can tell but there’s elastic in it so it will hold bottles in place.

This bag was fun to make.

6 Likes

It could be an anything bag! Grown out of diapers? Bam! Toy bag for traveling. Book bag for library. Both, especially with the side pockets.
Did you cut your own pattern or just lay out fabric…? Super cool.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely wonderful!

1 Like

WAAAY cute and those dinos steal the show! She will adore it even more because it’s from you! Lucky friend, indeed!

1 Like