Quote book Junk journal

Using the tutorial posted by @LovelyMiss my MIL and I made junk journals! We had a blast and are now collecting quotes to put into our books.

Lots of space for writing:

I only thought to get one progress shot!

20 Likes

What a wonderful way to spend time with your MIL! Such a fabulous collection of “junk”…turned into something beautiful and useful!

1 Like

Thanks! So excited to fill it, too!

1 Like

Wow! Looks like so much fun! Your book is lovely, too.

2 Likes

Thanks! Crafting is always more fun with a friend!

2 Likes

Amazing! Thank you for sharing your creation! A quote book is such a great idea. I love seeing how you put all the elements together, and am so glad the kits went to such good use! Lots of perfect writing spots. I hope you’ll share photos as you add content!

1 Like

So cool!

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

what FUN!
this might be something my mom & I could do together! what a fantastic idea…
hmmmm (makes mental note)

1 Like

So cool! And I love that you made it a family project with your MIL!

1 Like

Thank you! We had a lot of fun with it!

What a fun project and great way to spend time together! I love the progress shot. Your journal came out really nice!

1 Like

Thank you!

Confession: I’ve been avoiding looking too closely at this post so I could be surprised by my kit. :grimacing:

But now I have looked, and I love what you made! I especially like how you used the writing-space-oriented elements to make other pieces more suitable for your intended purpose.

Would love to see your MIL’s book, if she’s comfortable sharing.

2 Likes

:metal: :zap: :boom: Oh, my giggles! Your great craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :metal: :zap: :boom:

1 Like

Woo! Thanks!

I’ll ask my MIL if she’ll send some pics.

These are great! I love seeing the table covered with craft ephemera and bits and bobs. I bet you had a blast making these!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! We really did! The first day we worked on them, we didn’t even get dressed! We just played with paper in our pj’s aaaaallllll day! I should have taken a picture of THAT mess- it was a sight to behold! This session was a lot more organized!

3 Likes

This looks so fun and I’m glad you got time with your MIL making such a great project.

1 Like

Thanks!! It was so nice to visit with her!

1 Like