Rainbow Cityscape Shawl

This is a WIP from last year and it feels great to have it completed! Pattern is the Cityscape Shawl from Yarnspirations. Yarn is Hawthorne Speckled and King Cole Riot in Rainbow. I love how it came out!

Thanks for looking!

23 Likes

Nice shawl! :smiley: Love the colors!

1 Like

Pretty! The speckles are subtle but really add something. And yay for finishing a WIP!

1 Like

It’s beautiful! And it looks so cozy. I love the rainbow yarn - with the cool colors so dark, they read as neutral, and you’re left with a colorway that is the color of a sunset framed by trees in shadow.

3 Likes

That is so pretty! I love the gradation.

2 Likes

Congratulations on finishing a WIP already! I really like how the point of the “V” is off center.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Great yarns! I like your version way better than the pattern illustration.

1 Like

I’m in LOVE - this is so stunning! The yarn is such a gorgeous complement to the pattern. I’d wear it so much I’m sure it would fall apart if it were me.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!!

@tendstowardschaos - I love your description! I was looking forward to ending on more blue/green/purple, but the yarn went back to yellow/orange/red, and I ended up being really happy with the result. I was just serendipitous.

Both my daughters asked if they could keep it this morning, so I’ve got some competition. :laughing:

4 Likes

That turned out amazing! The speckled yarn as the neutral works really well without being a boring solid :smiley:

1 Like

This is so cute! I bet you’ll wear this a lot, it looks really versatile.

1 Like

This is beautiful in grey scale as well (it’s nighttime). I’m making a note to check it in the daytime. It’s much more striking than the pattern picture.

1 Like

Great job finishing your WIP! it makes me think of a fall leaf. Such pretty colors.

1 Like

So pretty! Great yarn choices. No wonder everyone wants it!

1 Like

It’s daytime now and it’s SO PRETTY!!!

1 Like

Eeep, just saw it in the Mod Bundle! Thank you for donating it!! :heart_eyes: