Rainbow Lion

I shared this on the last site, but thought I’d share it here, too. I made this for my dad for Father’s Day 2018. It is one of my more favorite projects I’ve ever completed :heart:

17 Likes

Oh wow, this is so beautiful and intimidatingly huge! The whole space is filled, do I see that correctly? This must have taken several forevers.

1 Like

Was it really that recent? You’ve made so many more things since then it feels like it must have been much longer ago! :laughing: I still love this piece though. I know you put sooooo much work and love into it!! :heart:

1 Like

Yes. I’m crazy. I couldn’t find black aida cloth at the time, so I worked it on white and used three strands every time I used black, and two strands for all of the other colors. It took me one month to finish this. Over 200 hours. I spent a lot of long days worked on it nearly every day to try to finish it on time. Even then it wasn’t finished until the actual day of Father’s Day. So he got to see a picture that day, and I mailed it to him the next :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. It really was that recent. I had to double check the date in the photo data. lol

1 Like

I am just blown away by this. Stunning!

1 Like

Stunning! Truly beautiful!

1 Like

:flushed:

This is super crazy good!!

1 Like

Absolutely mindblowing. I can’t even imagine the hours that went into that.

1 Like

Wow. I LOVE this.

That’s wild! He loved, I assume? That’s soooo much work and care to do the whole thing, I know I would’ve given up.

So vibrant and alive! Beautifully done.

Oh yeah. He spent several hundred dollars having it professionally framed because he loved it so much! It was his phone background pic until he got a cute pic of my nieces. I guess that’s an acceptable reason to replace the lion photo :joy:

1 Like

AMAZING!!! I want to crochet something similar to this but it intimidates me
Great job!

1 Like

This is amazing and even more so when I read the black is stitched too!!

2 Likes

I remember this stunning piece!! What a beautiful work of love.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s one of my favorite projects that ANY of us have ever completed!

1 Like

That is an awesome gift, no wonder it’s a favourite of yours, and then a gift for your father, even more great

1 Like

This is beautiful. I don’t think I realized before that it was not done on black canvas. Wowza! It’s absolutely amazing. You have so much patience. I would have died!! Worth it though.

1 Like