Rainbow Mug Rug (aka Nyan Cat was here!)

I’ve been wanting to make myself a rainbow mug rug for a while. I couldn’t decide on a layout I liked until I found this dark blue FQ in my stash… it reminded me so much of the background of the Nyan Cat video that I just had to make this!

I appliquéd the rainbow strips onto the top piece using double sided heat n bond, so this came together pretty quickly.

24 Likes

Super duper love it! I for sure see the Nyancat reference :laughing::blue_heart:

2 Likes

I like how all the different prints, geometrics, florals, and border come together. Sweet mug rug!

Lovely work! so happy :rainbow::sparkles:

1 Like

super cute!

4 Likes

So pretty! Now I want to go buy fabric to make something rainbow!

I love it as it is, but I’m also giggling with evil glee imagining a little audio device stuck inside of it (the kind in recordable greeting cards), which plays the Nyan Cat song whenever a mug sits on it. It would be the best and worst thing. It would turn sane coworkers homicidal. Disregard the rest, I’m already regretting the thought. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

So cheerful! Well done.

I really like the design and the way you places the rainbow pieces. Nice job :slight_smile: I think any mug would be happy to sit on that rug :smile:

1 Like

Now you need a Nyan cat mug, to go with the Nyan cat rug! :smile::cat:

1 Like

You’re right I totally do! My next project, perhaps :laughing:

1 Like

This is fantastic. The blue DOES look like the Nyan cat background. The colors are so cheery. I think you need to make a companion rug of Nyan cat, or at least a pop tart. :rofl:

1 Like

Adorable! <3

1 Like

Fantastic!! I need to make one of these! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like