Reusable crocheted gift bows

I recently came across a pattern for a crocheted gift bow and tried it out. It’s not a bad pattern, but it leaves a lot of room for error. The designer made a bow that looked much nicer than my finished bow. So I decided to create my own pattern that would hopefully be a little more foolproof.

This one is my favorite of the bows I’ve made from my pattern so far.

I made two versions of the bow. Bow A has untwisted loops, bow B has twisted loops. You can’t see the difference as well in the photos, but I personally like bow B a little more.

I had the pattern tested by members in the CAL - Crochet A Long group on Facebook. My pattern was released on their blog for free download today! It was released on day 8 of the countdown. It will be available for free download on Ravelry after the first of the year. Here is my Ravelry page with the free patterns I have available.

This is the original bow from the other pattern that inspired me to make my own pattern.

And these two are my first attempts at my pattern that I then adjusted

20 Likes

What a great idea to make crocheted, reusable gift bows! The ribbon ones always get crushed and wonky if you try to save them year to year.

Love seeing the various versions as you developed your pattern. I do like version B best, too.

2 Likes

Super cute!

1 Like

What a great idea! You did a great job creating the loops, they have that perfect gift bow look and your model is absolutely adorable!

1 Like

These turned out great! Such a good idea to make these reusable bows!

Grumpy Frog is such a cutie!

1 Like

Reusable gift bows are such a good idea. Makes me want to make em and a four or five row ribbon to boot.

2 Likes

Fabulous! Your personal pattern seems so much better. Way to make it your own!

1 Like

Well, these are just plain adorable! Even more so on your model!

1 Like

What a creative idea to be more green and make fluffier and non-crushable bows! These are fabulous! Thank you for sharing a link to the very impressively made pattern! Go you!

1 Like

That’s so cool! Will definitely have to find some sparkly yarn and give this a try!

1 Like

So cool - I just followed you on ravelry!

1 Like

Me too! Love it!

1 Like